What is Chem 13 News magazine
Chem 13 News is a magazine published for teachers of introductory chemistry by the Chemistry Department at the University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. Through a paid subscription, the monthly magazine will be mailed to you from September through May.
Each 20-page issue contains articles, labs, puzzles, cartoons and helpful advice. Most of our authors are high school teachers. We encourage our subscribers to become contributors and be part of the active community of sharing amongst chemistry teachers.
- Colourful chemistry activities
- St. Patrick's Day: Take our Green Chemistry Quiz
- April Fools article: Can knitting lead to better chemists?
- Update for Periodic Table Poster -- newly-named elements label
- Mole Day greeting card
- First day of school fun safety puzzle
- Christmas activities
- Valentines Day chemistry activities
- Full issue: May 2014 issue is now online. Check it out.
June message to chemistry teachers
Secret chemical message for Earth Day!
ChemEd 2017 host announced -- spread the word
October 17 to 25 is National Chemistry Week
Photo credit: Martin Schwalbe
Message for the first day of chemistry
- June 30, 2016
- June 30, 2015
- Feb. 27, 2015