Highlights of material
What is Chem 13 News magazine
Chem 13 News is a magazine published for teachers of introductory chemistry by the Chemistry Department at the University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. Through a paid subscription, the monthly magazine will be mailed to you from September through May.
Each 20-page issue contains articles, labs, puzzles, cartoons and helpful advice. Most of our authors are high school teachers. We encourage our subscribers to become contributors and be part of the active community of sharing amongst chemistry teachers.
- First day of school fun safety puzzle
- Mole Day fun
- Colourful chemistry activities
- Christmas activities
- Valentines Day chemistry activities
- St. Patrick's Day: Take our Green Chemistry Quiz
- April Fools article: Can knitting lead to better chemists?
- Earth Day message
- Update for Periodic Table Poster -- newly-named elements label
- Enter Chemistry in Pictures contest
- June message for teachers
- June 30, 2017
Be on the front cover of Chem 13 News magazine and inspire chemistry teachers from around the world. Submit your classroom and chemistry photos (or student photos) to email@example.com
- May 1, 2017
Chem 13 News magazine is running a contest to design tiles for the four newly named elements, nihonium (Nh), moscovium (Mc), tennessine (Ts) and oganesson (Og).
Final Four Designs have been announced and voting has begun. Vote for your favourite design tile.
- Sep. 2, 2016