What's in this issue?
The links are provided to selected articles. Subscribe and get everything in future issues.
If you are a subscriber, e-mail us and we can get you a copy of any of the missing articles.
- Creative Christmas lab challenge (page 1) - we encourage teachers to decorate their classrooms with chemistry and the holidays.
- High ∆H topics - why so many teachers quit? (page 2).
- Book review (PDF) (page 3) - Bad Science by Ben Goldacre; reviewed by Geoff Rayner-Canham.
- Answers to Carl Twiddy’s crossword from November 2008 issue (page 4).
- The day the water treatment man came to visit by Leslie Barton (page 5).
- Chemical explorations - Chiral pasta by George Gross (page 6).
- Periodic Hidato puzzle (page 7).
- Answers to September 2008 Atomic radii su-chem-du (page 7).
- DVD review by Michael Jansen (page 8) - Mike reviews John Fortman and Rubin Battino's Chemistry Demonstration Series.
- What earrings should I wear today? by Kathy Kitzmann (page 9).
- A "broken flatcar" crostic by Gerry Toogood (pages 10-11).
- Chem13 News' Top Forty Contributors.
- Humorizing chemistry (PDF) (reprinted from January 1974, pages 16-17) by Ivan Cammelli (page 13).
- Element Anagrams (PDF), a puzzle, by Robert Becker (page 14).
- Answers to Nomenclature practice on (pages 13-14).
- Microscale gas chemistry (PDF), by Bruce Mattson (pages 15-18)
- Cartoons (PDF) by Richard Furlough (page 18).
- Sodium and water cartoon - lots of fun.
- A thermochemistry review problem for introductory chemistry (PDF) (reprinted from October 1999, page 32) by Michael P. Jansen (page 19).
- Solution to Element Anagrams from page 14 (page 19).