Regular booth rate: CAN $850 +13%HST
*or until booth space is no longer available
With each exhibitor registration you will receive, one general conference registration and be able to attend all ChemEd sessions, events and social activities. A second general conference registration can be purchased for a nominal fee of $50 + 13% HST.
When you exhibit at ChemEd 2013, your booth will be 8 x 8 feet in size and will include a skirted 6-foot table, two chairs, a wastebasket and an electrical outlet suitable for normal small load use such as a laptop or a TV monitor. Two sign hooks for a vendor sign will also be provided. Further furniture can be ordered from Hahn Rentals via online forms. There are no facilities for receiving or storing shipments and thus if needed, drayage forms must be used and information can be found under “Exhibitor Forms”. High speed wireless internet connections are being arranged for conference attendees.
Campus accommodation is available in the Conference Centre located in Ron Eydt Village from July 25th to August 2nd inclusive and is just a 5 minute walk from the exhibit hall. Be sure to specify “ChemEd 2013” as the conference name in order to receive the special ChemEd rates.
Off campus accommodation is also available.
- The exhibit hall will be locked during the hours the exhibit area is closed. However, the exhibitor is solely responsible for his/her own exhibit material and should insure his/her exhibit against loss or damage.
- Exhibit booths must be staffed during exhibit hours by persons who are well prepared to explain, in a courteous and effective manner, all products and services on display. Each exhibitor must wear an official exhibitor's identification badge.
- Management reserves the right to make modifications to the exhibit hours as may be necessary to meet programme needs.
- The exhibitor agrees not to dismantle or pack his/her display before the close of the exhibit.
- Social affairs for participants of ChemEd 2013 should be scheduled not to conflict with programme events.
- The exhibitor agrees to abide by all local tax regulations. Exhibit management will advise of any tax requirements but each exhibitor is responsible for collecting and submitting payment of their own sales tax to the appropriate legal authority.
Restrictions in Operation of Exhibits
Management reserves the right to restrict exhibits which, because of noise, safety, conduct of exhibitors, method of operation, materials, or any other reason, become objectionable and also to prohibit or to evict any exhibit which in the opinion of the management may detract from the general character of the exhibit as a whole. This reservation includes persons, things, conduct, printed matter, or anything of a character which the management determines is objectionable to the exhibit.
- The exhibitor must surrender space occupied by him/her in the same condition as it was at the commencement of occupation. The exhibitor shall assume all responsibility for damage to the exhibit hall by reason of their exhibit and shall indemnify and hold harmless the exhibit facility, ChemEd 2013, and their representatives for all liability which might ensue from any cause whatsoever arising out of the exhibitor's participation in the exhibits or in conference activities. The exhibit facility, ChemEd 2013, and their representatives will not be liable for injuries to any person or for damage to property owned or controlled by the exhibitor, which claims for damage or injuries may be incident to, arise from, or be in any way connected with the exhibitor's occupation of display space, and the exhibitor, on signing the contract, expressly releases and indemnifies the aforementioned from any and all claims for such loss, damage or injury.
- Insurance Risk - Exhibitor bears the risk of loss due to the inadequacy or failure of any insurance or any insurer, including any insurance that may be provided by exhibitor, ChemEd 2013, or the Physical Athletics Complex.
- Consequential Damages - ChemEd 2013 shall not in any event be liable to exhibitor for any consequential damages.
Arrangements of Exhibits
- Exhibits must not project beyond the space allocated or obstruct the view of the exhibits of others. Reasonable effort must be made to provide space within the confines of the booth for interviews, demonstrations, distribution of materials, etc., so that attendees do not obstruct the aisles.
- All decorations must be flame proofed. All hangings must clear the floor. Electrical wiring must conform to the National Electrical Code safety rules. Exhibitors must comply with all local fire regulations.
- Exhibitors, or their agents, shall not injure or deface the walls or floors of the buildings, booths, or the equipment of the booths. When such damage appears, the exhibitor is liable to the owner of the property so damaged.
Exhibitors who request cancellation of this contract before June 1, 2013 are entitled to a full refund less a $75.00 administration fee. Those who request a cancellation after June 1, 2013 and before the cancellation deadline of July 1, 2013, are entitled to a refund less a cancellation fee of 50% of the rental fee. No refund will be given for cancellation requests after the cancellation deadline. Cancellation requests must be made in writing AND by e-mail. Cancellation provisions apply to all or part of exhibit space reserved. If booth spaces are not occupied two hours prior to the exhibit opening, ChemEd 2013 shall have the right to use such space as it sees fit. However, in this instance the exhibitor is still obligated to pay in full for contracted exhibit space.
The exhibitor recognizes and agrees that ChemEd 2013 retains full power and authority to interpret and enforce all Rules and Regulations for the Convention, including the authority to amend or adopt new Rules and Regulations that ChemEd 2013 considers necessary and proper for the exhibition.