- BSc, Chemical Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University
- BSc, Computer Science, Carnegie Mellon University
- MChE, Carnegie Mellon University
- PhD, McGill University
- Dynamics of Liquid Crystal Domains
- Reacting Multiphase Flows
- Computational Methods in Engineering
Our research group is focused on both industrial and fundamental research on processes involving soft matter, complex fluids, multiphase flow, and phase transition. Our research is based upon theory and computational methods that are able to capture industrially relevant conditions including multiphysics, complex geometries, and other phenomena.
- NE111 Introduction to Programming for Engineers
- NE318 Continuum Mechanics for Nanotechnology Engineering
- NE336 Micro and Nanosystems Computer-Aided Design
- CHE620 Applied Engineering Mathematics
- M. Agnaou, T. Treeratanaphitak, M. Mowla, M.A. Ioannidis, N.M. Abukhdeir, and H. Budman. On the Use of Physical Boundary Conditions for Two-Phase Flow Simulations: Integration of Control Feedback. submitted to Chemical Engineering Science.
- F. Fu and N.M. Abukhdeir. Chiral symmetry-breaking dynamics in the phase transformation of nematic droplets. submitted to Soft Matter (pre-print).
- F. Fu and N.M. Abukhdeir. Formation and field-driven dynamics of nematic spheroids. Soft Matter 13:4890-4902 , 2017.
- N.M. Abukhdeir. Nematic phase transition and texture dynamics. Liquid Crystals, Liquid Crystals 43 (13-15), 2016. Special Issue: 30th Anniversary Issue Dedicated to the Next Generation of Liquid Crystals Researchers.
- N.M. Abukhdeir. Computational characterization of ordered nanostructured surfaces. Materials Research Express 3(8), 2016. Special Issue: Emerging Investigators in Materials Science.
- J. McGill, N.M. Abukhdeir, B. Ogunnaike, and D. Vlachos. Analysis and control of heteroepitaxial systems. J. Process Control 27:50-63, 2015. Special Issue: Control of Self-assembly
- R Suderman, D Lizotte, and NM Abukhdeir. Theory and Application of Shapelets to the Analysis of Surface Self-assembly Imaging, Physical Review E 91:033307, 2015.
- T. Treeratanaphitak, M. Pritzker, and NM Abukhdeir. Atomistic Kinetic Monte Carlo Simulations of Polycrystalline Copper Electrodeposition. Electrochemistry Communications, 46:140-143, 2014.
- N.M. Abukhdeir and D.G. Vlachos. Nano-scale Surface Pattern Evolution in Heteroepitaxial Bimetallic Films. ACS Nano, 5(9):7168-7175, 2011.
- N.M. Abukhdeir, E.R. Soulé, and A.D. Rey. Non-isothermal model for nematic spherulite growth. Langmuir, 24(23):13605–13613, 2008.
University of Waterloo