Have you completed your online safety training? It is a requirement for all students in the Department of Chemistry upon arrival on campus.
The recipients of NSERC and OGS scholarships receive, in addition to the scholarship, $5,000 to $10,000 in each year the scholarship is held.
Domestic (Canadian or permanent resident) students entering with an overall average of 80% or above will be eligible for a UW Graduate Entrance Scholarship.
M.Sc. students $1500
Ph.D. students $3000.
Information for graduate students in Chemistry
- Chemistry graduate courses listed on the (GWC)2 website (Guelph-Waterloo Centre for Graduate Work in Chemistry)
- CHEM 794 requirements
- Doctoral seminar requirements
- M.Sc. thesis and defence timeline
- Ph.D. thesis and defence timeline
- Thesis preparation, regulations and submission
The following documents are accessible on our Sharepoint site. You may need to login with your nexus\username and password.
- Important dates
- Arrange your fees
- Graduate Studies Office
- International Student Experience
- Housing and residences
- Academic integrity for Waterloo students
- Centre for Career Action
- Curriculum Vitae Writing
- Policy 71: Student Academic Discipline Policy
- Plagiarism and other written offences
- Writing Center
- Chemistry tutoring information and opportunities
- Faculty of Science Graduate Studies
Information for graduate students in Nanotechnology
Please see the following notice(s) posted outside the Chemistry office for more details:
- Duquesne University
Chemistry and Biochemistry Department
- Toronto Research Chemicals Inc.
- McMaster University
- Toronto Research Chemicals