Connecting while off-campus
Install the University of Waterloo Virtual Private Network (VPN) client
- Open the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client. Enter 'cn-vpn.uwaterloo.ca' as the VPN server. Click Connect.
- In the pop-up login window, select the 'UW-General-Campus' profile from the Group drop-down menu. Enter your WatIAM login credentials and click OK.
For more information, please see the information and systems technology (IST) knowledge articles:
Questions or concerns? Please contact the IST service desk, firstname.lastname@example.org or ext. 44357.
Depending on your operating system, follow the rest of the steps below
If you are ON-CAMPUS, the VPN is not required. Go straight to the steps below.
1. Click on the Start button, then click This PC
2. Click Computer tab and Map network drive
3. In the Drive list, select the drive letter you would like to use for the network folder.
4. In the Folder box, type \\server_name.uwaterloo.ca\folder_name
5. Check Reconnect at sign-in
6. Check Connect using different credentials
7. Click Finish, you should now see this drive letter under This PC
8. A box may appear asking for a username and password. Enter in domain\user_name and the password (the domain is typically 'Civil' or 'Nexus')