Connecting while off-campus
- Open the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client. Enter 'cn-vpn.uwaterloo.ca' as the VPN server. Click Connect.
- In the pop-up login window, select the 'UW-General-Campus' profile from the group drop-down menu. Enter your WatIAM login credentials and click OK.
Video tutorial for Mac users
Video tutorial for Windows users
For more information, please see the information technology and systems (IST) knowledge articles:
Proceed to follow the steps listed in connecting while on-campus.
Connecting while on-campus (or off-campus with VPN)
In order to connect using a remote desktop, you need to find out the computer's hostname and domain.
If your computer is in the Nexus or Civil domain, follow the managed computer instructions.
If not, follow the unmanaged computer steps.
Note: If you are connecting to a server, the name of the computer and domain can be found through your professor or contact us.
The computer may contain a sticker on it with its hostname (i.e CEENEX24, BRIDGE08, etc.).
Otherwise, follow the steps below:
- Click Start, followed by searching computer and then clicking System, or search and click on Control Panel > System and Security, then find and click System
- Find computer name and domain under Computer name, domain, and workgroup settings
Starting a Remote Desktop:
- Click Start, followed by typing Remote Desktop connection in the search box. Select the Remote Desktop connection in the list of results
- In the Computer field, type the hostname of the computer that you want to connect to, followed by clicking Connect
- Type in your domain credentials into Username and Password, followed by selecting OK. Note that the domain can be changed by typing in the domain name followed by a backslash, then typing in your username into the Username field (i.e CIVIL\username). Password should be the same as your login password (which may differ from your WatIAM password).
- If the remote computer is not verified, a screen similar to the one below will appear. Simply click Yes to connect. To prevent this message from reoccurring, select the box in front of Don't ask me again for connections to this computer
- You should now see the remote screen of the computer. If you receive any errors, please report to firstname.lastname@example.org via screenshot or include the error message that you see in your correspondence
For additional information, go to Microsoft's website.
If you have an unmanaged computer, the Remote Desktop connection is not easily usable. You can use a program such as TeamViewer or Chrome Remote Desktop which provides a similar function.
For additional configuration, see the Remote Desktop connection FAQs.