- Transportation of dangerous goods
- Risk uncertainty
- Road accident prediction and analysis
Current Sources of Research Funding:
NSERC, Transport Canada, MTO
- Guido, G., Saccomanno, F., Vitale, A., Festa, D. (2014). Treating uncertainty in the estimation of speed from smartphone traffic probes. Transportation Research, Series C, TRC-D-13-00260R1, April.
- Shahdah, U., Saccomanno, F., & Persaud, B. (2014). Integrated traffic conflict model for estimating crash modification factors. Accident Analysis & Prevention, 71, 228-235.
- Guido G., Vitale A., Saccomanno F.F., Festa D. C., Astarita V., Gallelli V. (2013). Using smartphones as a tool to capture road traffic attributes, Applied Mechanics and Materials, Vol. 432, pp. 513-519. (ISSN: 1660-9336).
- Guido, G., Vitale, A., Saccomanno, F., Astarita, V., Giofré, V., (2012), Estimation of safety performance measures from smartphone sensors. Procedia-Social and Behavioral Sciences 54, 1095-1103
- Shahdah, U. E., Saccomanno, F. F., & Persaud, B. (2012). Integrating Observational and Traffic Simulation Models for Priority Ranking of Unsafe Intersections. Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board, 2280(1), 118-126.
- Ghods A.H., Saccomanno F.F., Guido G. (2012). Effect of car/truck differential speed limits on two-lane highways safety operation using microscopic simulation, Procedia Social and Behavioral Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 53, pp. 834-841. (ISSN 1877-0428).
- Bagheri, M., Saccomanno, F. F., Chenouri, S., and Fu, L. (2010), Reducing the threat of in-transit derailments involving dangerous goods through effective placement along the train consist, Accident Analysis and Prevention, AAP-D-09-00209R4
- Bagheri, M., Saccomanno, F. F., and Fu, L. (2010). Effective placement of dangerous goods cars in rail yard marshaling operation, Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering 37(5): 753-762.
- Park, P. Y-J, Miranda-Moreno, L., Saccomanno, F.F. Estimation of speed differentials on rural highways using hierarchical linear regression models, Journal of Civil Engineering, 37: 624-637, 2010.
- Guido, G., Saccomanno, F.F., Vitale, Giofre’, V. (2010). Un algoritmo per l’acquisizione delle traiettorie veicolari da immagini video, Journal: Strade & Autostrade, n6, EDI-CEM, 2010, Milano, pp. 1-5. (ISSN 1723-2155)
- G Guido, F Saccomanno, A Vitale, V Astarita, D Festa, (2010), Comparing safety performance measures obtained from video capture data, Journal of Transportation Engineering 137 (7), 481-491.
- Associate Editor, Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering, Transportation Division. 2006-present.
- Visiting Professor, Dipartimento di Pianificazione Territoriale, Universita’ della Calabria, Italy, Adjunct, Unical College of Doctoral Researchers.
- Principal Investigator (Transport Canada), Safety implications of mandated truck speed limiters.
- US National Academy of Sciences and Transportation Research Board, Committee of Experts on Human Factors and Truck Driver Fatigue
- Member, Ontario Association of Professional Engineers (APEO), Registered P.Eng.
- Member, Canadian Society of Civil Engineering and Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE) Canada
- Member, Canadian Transportation Research Forum
- Member, Canadian Centre for Pavement and Transportation Technology, University of Waterloo
- Reviewer for: Journal of Transportation Engineering, Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering, Transportation Research Record, Journal of Risk Analysis
- Visiting Scientist, Eu. Joint Research Centre, Institute for Systems Analysis.
- Consultant and Expert witness for road and rail safety.
- CIVE 224 - Probability and Statistics
- CIVE 240 - Engineering and Sustainable Development
- CIVE 342 - Transport Principles and Applications
- CIVE 444 - Urban Transport Planning
- CIVE 292 - Engineering Economics
- CIVE 400 - Civil Engineering Project 1
- CIVE 640 - Urban Transportation Planning Models
- CIVE 740 - Transportation Safety Analysis
- CIVE 741 - Public Sector Economics