- Concrete Materials: use of recycled materials and self-consolidating concrete
- Modular bridge systems for accelerated construction
- FRP materials for strengthening of existing concrete and timber structures
- Strength evaluation of existing concrete and timber structures
- Automated construction progress tracking
- Shahi, A., Aryan, A., West, J.S., Haas, C.T., Haas, R.C.G., “Deterioration of UWB Positioning During Construction,” Automation in Construction, V.24 (2012) pp. 72–80.
- Safiuddin, Md., West, J.S., and Khaled, K.A., “Properties of Freshly Mixed Self-consolidating Concretes Incorporating Rice Husk Ash as a Supplementary Cementing Material,” Construction and Building Materials, Vol.30, May 2012, pp. 833-842.
- El Refai, A., West, J.S., and Soudki, K.A., “Fatigue of Reinforced Concrete Beams Strengthened with CFRP External Tendons,” Construction and Building Materials, Vol. 29, April 2012, pp. 246-256.
- Butler, L., West, J.S. and Tighe, S.L., “The Effect of Recycled Concrete Aggregate Properties on the Bond Strength between RCA Concrete and Steel Reinforcement,” Cement and Concrete Research, Vol. 41, Issue 10, October 2011, pp. 1037-1049.
- Choi, H. T., West, J. S., and Soudki, K. A., “Partially Bonded Near-surface-mounted CFRP bars for Strengthened Concrete T-beams,” Construction and Building Materials, Vol.25, Issue 5, May 2011, Pp. 2441-2449.
- Shahi, A., West, J.S., and Pandey, M.D., “Strengthening of Gulfport 230kV Wooden Transmission Structures with Glass Fibre Reinforced Polymer (GFRP) Wrap,” Journal of Composites in Construction, Vol. 15, No. 3, May/June 2011, pp. 364-373.
- American Concrete Institute
- Professional Engineers Ontario
- Texas Board of Professional Engineers
- CIVE 125 - Civil Engineering Concepts 1
- CIVE 127 - Statics & Solid Mechanics 1
- CIVE 204 - Statics and Solid Mechanics 2
- CIVE 303 - Structural Analysis 1
- CIVE 313 - Structural Concrete Design 1
- CIVE 400 - Civil Engineering Project 1
- CIVE 401 - Civil Engineering Project 2
- CIVE 415 - Structural Systems
- CIVE 602 - Prestressed Concrete
- CIVE 700 - Topics in Structural Engineering
- CIVE 709 - Durability Design of New Concrete Infrastructure