As a graduate student in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, you must complete a series of Health and Safety requirements.
When you have completed all of your Health and Safety requirements, print off and fill out the Researcher’s Declaration & Supervisor’s Acknowledgement form (PDF) and return it to the Graduate Studies Coordinator, located in E2-2328A.
1. Complete four online training modules from the Training Programs page, on the Safety Office web site.
- SO 2017 Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) 2015
- SO 1001 Employee Safety Orientation
- SO 1081 Workplace Violence Awareness
- SO 1010 Laboratory Safety
3. If you are working in a lab, you must also complete laboratory-specific orientation training. Please contact the laboratory technician who works in your specific research group in order to set up this training.
Hydraulics and Hydrology Lab