A closer look at Canada's Party Platforms through the lens of climate change
On October 10th, 2019, IC3 hosted a pre-election party platform panel discussion. The event brought together 4 of the University of Waterloo's climate research experts to discuss how the federal parties are addressing climate change. The panelists shared their ranking criteria and graded the main election parties based on specific themes within the topic of climate change. The themes included: International Leadership & Engagement; Adaptation; Innovation for Mitigation; and Supply-Side Climate Policy.
- Dr. Angela Carter (Supply-Side Climate Policy)
- Dr. Paul Parker (Innovation for Mitigation)
- Dr. Sarah Burch (International Leadership & Engagement)
- Dr. Jason Thistlethwaite (Adaptation)
- Dr. Daniel Scott, IC3's Executive Director
Panelist, Paul Parker, spoke with The Record after the event to share additional insight on the topic. Read the article, Here’s your Election 2019 rating of climate-change plans, here.