University of Waterloo Student Leadership Showcase, October 2020
UWaterloo students are invited to submit abstracts for our Student Leaders in Climate Action and Research webinar series. This is an incredible opportunity for students to showcase their climate-related work and leadership.
The top teams will be selected to deliver a student panel as part of a webinar series hosted by the Interdisciplinary Centre on Climate Change (IC3) and the Faculty of Applied Health Sciences (AHS).
The first panel will be held during Global Climate Change Week, between October 19 and 25, 2020.
Panels should focus on solutions-oriented themes within the broad area of climate change, and highlight specific student research, innovation, and action, which can include work experience and projects with partners. Panels will be student-led and student-organized with support from IC3 and AHS.
Abstracts will be considered against the following criteria:
- Diversity – The proposed panel members and moderator should together represent the diversity of the UWaterloo community (visit UWaterloo’s Human Rights, Equity and Inclusion website for more information).
- Interdisciplinarity – All participants must be UWaterloo students, and the panel must include representation from at least two different UWaterloo Faculties.
- Cohesiveness – The individual topics to be covered by the panelists should be represented under one unifying theme within the broad area of climate change research and action.
- Design – The design of the proposed webinar should be engaging and allow for a variety of voices and ideas to be shared. Unique presentation formats are encouraged, but must be compatible with WebEx and accessible to a wide range of the UWaterloo community.
- Length – The proposed webinar must be no longer than 1.5 hours in total (including presentations and any Q&A or other interactive/discussion components).
Interested applicants looking for panel members are welcome to connect with other UWaterloo students via the Climate Students group. Visit the Climate Students Facebook page to connect with students across campus!
Please complete the webform below to submit your abstract (one abstract submission per panel).
Deadline to apply: Tuesday September 29th, 2020