The Interdisciplinary Centre on Climate Change (IC3) leads the Ideas to shape the future: Student Leaders in Climate Action and Research webinar series. This series provides UWaterloo students with the opportunity to lead engaging and educational webinars on a range of climate change topics.
Students are invited to share their passion for climate action or research expertise by hosting a webinar. Each webinar should focus on solutions-oriented themes within the broad area of climate change, and highlight specific student research, innovation, and action, which can include work experience and projects with partners. Webinars are student-led and student-organized with support from IC3 and partners.
To host a webinar student groups must submit an abstract. Abstracts will be considered against the following criteria:
- Diversity – The proposed webinar members and moderator should together represent the diversity of the UWaterloo community (visit UWaterloo’s Human Rights, Equity and Inclusion website for more information).
- Interdisciplinarity – All participants must be UWaterloo students, and the panel must include representation from at least two different UWaterloo Faculties.
- Cohesiveness – The individual topics to be covered by the panelists should be represented under one unifying theme within the broad area of climate change research and action.
- Design – The design of the proposed webinar should be engaging and allow for a variety of voices and ideas to be shared. Unique presentation formats are encouraged, but must be accessible to a wide range of the UWaterloo community.
- Length – The proposed webinar must be no longer than 1.5 hours in total (including presentations and any Q&A or other interactive/discussion components).
The call for abstracts is currently on hold but if you have an idea for a webinar, please send an email to email@example.com.