Medical insurance

It’s important to have adequate medical coverage.

Ontario residents must have health cards issued by the Ministry of Health. If you don’t have one, contact your local OHIP office. You can also review information about OHIP.

If you’re from a province other than Ontario, check your provincial medical insurance plan.

Your Student Supplementary Health Insurance is valid during work and academic terms. If you’ll be working more than 250 days, contact the Student Care Office (number listed below) for information about maintaining your coverage.

Health Coverage Outside of Canada

You must purchase outside of Canada health insurance before you leave the country.

If you’ve already purchased outside of Canada health insurance, and wish to add additional months to the plan, please visit the: