Join the conversation...
The functionality of WaterlooWorks is aimed at improving the user experience for students, staff, alumni and employers.
Co-operative Education (CE) is committed to clarity and transparency around the new functionality in WaterlooWorks. Based on inquiries and feedback we’ve already received, this page will profile several of those functions.
Your feedback is always welcome and can be provided by filling out the survey linked from your WaterlooWorks dashboard.
For information about application and job status, refer to the WaterlooWorks help page
For information about search tools, refer to the WaterlooWorks help page
Rate my work term is now live on WaterlooWorks.
The more responses we receive, the richer the data for future students applying to jobs. If you’re finishing a work-term, don’t forget to rate!
Rate the following (with 1 being completely unsatisfied and 5 being completely satisfied):
Rate the following (with 1 being not related at all, 3 being somewhat related and 5 being closely related):
Rate your overall satisfaction level with your work term (satisfaction takes into consideration the work being assigned, support and resources, the work environment, whether the job is meeting your expectations, etc.), with 1 being least satisfied and 10 being the most satisfied
1. Click the blue ‘View Work Term Record’ button, located within the ‘Co-op Sequence Summary’ table on the right side of your dashboard
2. Scroll down to the ‘Work Term Details’ tab and click ‘WorkTerm Recap’
3. Click the blue ‘Create Record’ button
1. Scroll to the ‘Hire Waterloo Co-op Summary’ section on the dashboard and select (from the dropdown menu) whether you’ll be participating in the job search (i.e. using WaterlooWorks to find a job), finding your own job, returning to a previous employer, or doing something else in the section for the upcoming work term
|Returning to a previous employer||You are returning to an employer that you have worked for during a previous co-op term. You have organized this yourself and do not intend to use WaterlooWorks to apply for the position.|
|Participating in the job search||You are planning to search and apply to jobs through WaterlooWorks.|
|Finding your own job||You are planning to obtain/are in the process of obtaining a job by searching on your own. You do not plan to search and apply to jobs through WaterlooWorks.|
|Other - per job posting||You are not planning to pursue any of the above options this term. Perhaps you are planning on taking a term off or are opting to complete a study term. Please include a brief explanation of your term intentions when prompted in the box that appears next to ‘Comments.’|
2. If you are returning to a previous employer, please select the employer name from the dropdown menu that appears after selecting 'Returning to a previous employer'
3. Click 'Submit'
Note: For more information on arranging your own job or returning to a previous employer, refer to the student help documentation.
|Work term support (WTS)||
|Hiring process support (HPS)||
|Account manager (AM)||
|Process administration (PA)||
Note: If you are a student looking for your first co-op job, you will be supported by a special team of advisors. In this case, on your dashboard you will see ‘Career Advisors CCA’. These advisors are equipped to provide you with the extra support you may need in finding your first co-op job.
Join the conversation...