The accelerated MMath program is available to qualified undergraduate students at Waterloo who wish to begin graduate studies while still an undergraduate. This program offers the student several advantages:
- The time spent in the MMath program can be reduced by up to one term.
- The student can fill empty slots in his/her fourth year with more advanced courses or a cutting-edge research project.
- The student does not have to worry throughout fourth year about post-graduation plans since admission decisions to the accelerated MMath program are typically made before the fourth year begins.
The program does not allow double-counting of courses for both undergraduate and graduate degree requirements, but it does allow students to take BMath and MMath courses concurrently.
Students must meet the following admission criteria:
- Major in Combinatorics and Optimization (C and O) or related field
- Average of at least 85 in all math courses
- Have completed 3B term
Students interested in the program should apply using the online web form and should include the following information in the Supplementary Information Form (part of the application):
- A clear statement that this application is for the accelerated MMath program.
- A detailed list of remaining requirements for BMath completion as well as a timetable for when these requirements are expected to be met.
Students should include at least two letters of recommendation as part of their application for MMath admission. No test scores are required.