DRAMA 222 - Winter 2014 course
Bodiescapes - An Exploration of the Body in Performance
Auditions will take place in HH 180. Please sign up for an audition time between 1:30-4:20 and 7:00-10:00 pm on the Call Board beside ML 135. There will be a second group audition on Wednesday, January 8 from 1:30-4:20 pm, also in HH 180.
You are to prepare a two-minute audition piece that is expressed entirely through your body. Please, no miming, no charades, no A.S.L. (American Sign Language). I want you to find a way to physically express the reality of a certain situation to me. Here are some suggested scenarios:
- a fashion disaster that somehow involves your body
- a public shopping experience that becomes personal and internalized in an unexpected way
- a sex fantasy gone horribly wrong
- a state of emergency involving a good deal of pleasure
- a memory that remains tangibly present
Each candidate will have about 10 minutes. I will see your prepared piece, offer a suggestion of change, see how well you respond, then have a brief interview with you.