CMC-Canada and the University of Waterloo have partnered to offer educational preparation for the Certified Management Consultant (CMC) designation to students enrolled in the Master of Business, Entrepreneurship and Technology (MBET) program.
We are thrilled to announce that the University has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with CMC-Canada.
Highlights of the Agreement include:
- The University of Waterloo recognizes the value of the CMC designation to the career development of MBET graduates.
- The University of Waterloo will offer courses in leadership/interpersonal skills, ethics and best practices, the process of management consulting, and project management to MBET students.
- Students who have successfully completed all MBET program course requirements will have been deemed to have completed the education requirements for the Certified Management Consultant designation.
- Candidates remain responsible for presenting appropriate evidence of fulfillment of the experience requirements directly to CMC-Canada as part of the CMC application process.
- Waterloo is a top-tier Canadian University whose graduates already attract the attention of large consulting firms. This agreement with Waterloo ensures that MBET grads are equipped to step into consulting roles, and once they have obtained the required experience, apply to obtain the CMC designation.
CMC-Canada fosters excellence and integrity in the management consulting profession as a whole. CMC-Canada administers, and its provincial Institutes confer, the Certified Management Consultant (CMC) designation in Canada. The association and its members advocate for the CMC designation and are dedicated to advancing the profession and delivering the benefits of those efforts to the client community. CMC-Canada is a founding member of the International Council of Management Consulting Institutes (ICMCI).