Waterloo is world-renowned for its strength in innovation and co-operative education. A signature program at Waterloo, Enterprise Co-op (E Co-op) allows students to pursue an entrepreneurial co-op option in which students start their own business while earning a co-op credit.
After graduation, E Co-op students continue with their venture, begin a new one, or use their E Co-op know-how to obtain employment. E Co-op is a great experience that builds business knowledge, capabilities, and independence that employers value.
Spring 2018 Important Dates
- Applications open: Monday, February 5, 2018
- Last day to apply: Monday, April 23, 2018
- Thursday February 8, 2018, 4:30-5:30pm
- Thursday February 15, 2018, 4:30-5:30pm
- Thursday February 22, 2018 4:30-5:30pm
- Thursday March 1, 2018 4:30-5:30pm
- Thursday March 8, 2018, 4:30-5:30pm
- Thursday March 18, 2018, 4:30-5:30pm
- Thursday March 22, 2018, 4:30-5:30pm
Note: Unless otherwise indicated, all information sessions are hosted at the Conrad Business, Entrepreneurship and Technology Centre, located at 295 Hagey Blvd, 2nd Floor, Suite 240, Waterloo ON. Access to the second floor is through the North doors, facing the AGFA HealthCare building.
Who should apply?
E Co-op is open to students from all faculties with any type of business concept: no-tech, low-tech, high-tech, service, consulting and more. If you have an idea you want to take to market and have the passion to build your venture, Enterprise Co-op may be for you. We are looking for students with:
- a well-formulated idea
- a strong understanding of the target market
- the drive to excel as an entrepreneur
How does it work?
As an undergraduate E Co-op student, you’ll enter the program during a work term with a business idea and the drive to turn it into a business. Over your term, you’ll receive ongoing mentoring and feedback on your business development. You’ll be part of an entrepreneurial ecosystem that supports and propels students to succeed. You will have:
- a wide network of mentors, entrepreneurs, and professionals
- the opportunity to apply for the Norman Esch Enterprise Co-op Awards
- practical workshops and seminars to help you build your business
- access to conference passes, distinguished guest speakers, and presentation
Our limited-enrollment BET 300 and BET 400 courses are only available to students who are committed to starting a venture through E Co-op, Velocity, or on their own.