At the Conrad School of Entrepreneurship and Business, students develop their own business ideas at Canada's most innovative university, while immersed in one of the most dynamic entrepreneurship and tech communities.
University of Waterloo
Creator-owned intellectual property rights policy. You own 100% of what you create.
#1 Most Experiential University (Maclean's 2021)
19% of Tech Founders in Canada graduated from University of Waterloo (University of Toronto Impact Centre)
474 University of Waterloo founders raised 12.9B (Pitchbook 2020).
Thriving startup ecosystem on campus, including Concept by Velocity (world's largest free startup incubator) and St. Paul's GreenHouse (Canada's first live-in social innovation accelerator).
- The Toronto Waterloo Region corridor is the second largest technology cluster in North America.
- Waterloo region has the second highest startup density in the world.
- Among the world's top startup ecosystem, including Communitech (hub that supports startups with access to space, community and mentors), and the Accelerator Centre (one of the top accelerators in the world).
- The region's vibrant tech sector employs ~30,000 people.
- Home to Canada's largest:
- Tech company (BlackBerry)
- Software company (Open Text)
- Educational platform provider (D2L)
- Satellite company (ComDev)
- Visual technology display company (Christie Digital)
- Hackathon (Hack the North)