We acknowledge that we live and work on the traditional territory of the Neutral, Anishinaabeg and Haudenosaunee peoples. The University of Waterloo is situated on the Haldimand Tract, the land promised to the Six Nations that includes six miles on each side of the Grand River.
In the MBET program, students develop their own business ideas at Canada's most innovative university, while immersed in one of the most dynamic entrepreneurship and tech communities.
University of Waterloo
- Unique intellectual property agreement. You own 100% of what you create.
- Most innovative University in Canada for 28 consecutive years (Maclean's 2020)
- #1 in Canada for career preparation
- #1 in Canada for experiential learning
- #1 School in Canada for venture-backed capital enterprises (Pitchbook 2019)
- 433 University of Waterloo founders raised 10.6B (Pitchbook 2019)
- 18.6% Produces nearly twice as many tech founders as any other Canadian schools. (Impact Centre)
- Thriving startup ecosystem on campus, including Concept by Velocity (world's largest free startup incubator) and St. Paul's GreenHouse (Canada's first live-in social innovation accelerator).
- The Toronto Waterloo Region corridor is the second largest technology cluster in North America.
- Waterloo region has the second highest startup density in the world.
- Among the world's top startup ecosystem, including Communitech (hub that supports startups with access to space, community and mentors), and the Accelerator Centre (one of the top accelerators in the world).
- The region's vibrant tech sector employs ~30,000 people.
- Home to Canada's largest:
- Tech company (BlackBerry)
- Software company (Open Text)
- Educational platform provider (D2L)
- Satellite company (ComDev)
- Visual technology display company (Christie Digital)
- Hackathon (Hack the North)