How to apply
If you are committed, enthusiastic and up for a challenge then we encourage you to apply for the E Co-op program. Applicants must be University of Waterloo undergraduate co-op students. If you are not a co-op student, we will gladly speak with you and help you with your business plans.
- Make sure you understand everything you need to about the E Co-op program and what will be expected of you throughout the process.
- Come up with a good, solid business idea that you are willing to give 110% to throughout the term.
- Make sure you know your idea from all sides. What competitors exist? What is valuable to customers? Are you going to be able to sell your idea? Remember, you are passing up a work term with pay to pursue this idea so make sure it is worth it.
- Download and complete the application form. Please complete all fields and provide date and time options to schedule your interview.
- Please note that you may have to download the file in order for the fillable PDF to display correctly.
- Upload your application form and résumé to the documents section of your WaterlooWorks application.
- Apply to the job posted by the Self-Employed under Enterprise Co-op Initiative in WaterlooWorks.
- Be prepared to share your idea, why it is going to succeed, why you are going to succeed and what obstacles you are facing. This is like an interview; you've got to sell yourself and the company you are proposing.
- It is common that after the interview you will be asked to do a little more work to complete your application. This may include completing further market research, having a discussion with an established entrepreneur or firming up your idea. Once this is completed you have officially applied for the E Co-op program.
Once the application is complete it will be reviewed by the E Co-op Coordinator an interview will be set up. Be prepared for the interview.
If you are offered a spot in the E Co-op program, you will have the option to accept, decline or tentatively accept if you are awaiting results from other co-op applications or for finances to be finalized.