Please check back here regularly for updates on academics at the University of Waterloo. For managing classrooms and teaching spaces, visit the information for instructors page.


Undergraduate students can find details on normal academic regulations and accommodations on the University’s academic calendar. For graduate students, you can file a petition if you had or have a unique or extenuating circumstance. Visit the Petition process for graduate students for more details.

Please keep in mind that our rules for accommodations for justified absence from class and/or from assessments are in place to support student success and mitigate the effects of extenuating circumstances on their academic progress. These accommodations remain in place for alternative course delivery.

Additional information for Graduate students

Interested in attending Waterloo in the future?