Although the doors of AccessAbility Services (AAS) and the Exam Centre are temporarily closed, AAS staff are still available and committed to supporting students with disabilities. AAS will continue to support students with assistive technology, learning strategy support, and accommodation consulting to ensure they are supported in the online space.
New tools and resources for students
- AccessAbility Services YouTube channel
- Keep up to date on new assistive technology including tools to audio record online lectures, transcribe audio recordings, digitize written math content, and more. Subscribe to the channel to receive updates on new content.
- New LEARN course
- Online learning strategy and technology workshops, modules, resources and discussion board are available through the AccessAbility Services LEARN course. A new module in LEARN has been developed to help students with disabilities to manage online learning. Watch the video on accessing the course via LEARN.
- Updated Faculty Notification Letter (FNL)
- The FNL is generated when you request an accommodation for a course and includes an updated description for each accommodation that articulate roles and responsibilities for facilitating accommodation in the online environment. You can read your letter by logging on to AAS’ online system and viewing it in your mailbox.
AAS is here to help
Students with a known or suspected disability are encouraged to register with AccessAbility Services by completing the online application available on the AAS website. To schedule an appointment or request assistance, please contact the Front Desk by phone at 519-888-4567, ext. 35082 or email at email@example.com. The AAS voicemail and email inboxes are being checked regularly.