This guide includes important health and safety information for employees returning to campus. It will help the University of Waterloo community manage the risks related to the COVID-19 pandemic as we plan for a gradual and safe return to campus.
- Supervisors, managers, and directors: use this information to help minimize the spread of COVID-19 and other infectious diseases in your workspaces.
- Employees: find health and safety guidance to apply to your work environment
It is important that we all diligently follow these guidelines to minimize the risk of spreading of the virus.
This guide covers roles and responsibilities of supervisors and employees, instructions and tips for maintaining a healthy campus, and information about group protective equipment (GPE) or personal protective equipment (PPE) to be used on campus.
Table of Contents
- Department heads/directors/chairs
- Employee responsibilities
- Safety Office
- Employee self-assessment screening
- Illness and absence reporting
- Illness tracking
- Confirmed case on campus
- Returning to campus post-illness
- Continuing to work remotely
- Adjusting the workplace
- Physical distancing
- Physical barriers
- Adjust work processes
- Protective equipment
- Accommodations - general
- Accommodations due to illness, injury or disability
- Other accommodations
- School closures and child care
- Sick leave
- Extended health benefits
- Unsafe work refusal - Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA)
- Workplace Safety Insurance Act (WSIB) coverage
- Human rights (discrimination)