At the University of Waterloo, we understand how important it is for our students and employees to return to campus as soon as it is safe to do so. Our planned staged approach enables us to appropriately prepare for the future. Please continue to monitor the University of Waterloo COIVD-19 website for updates.
In addition to not working when you are unwell, we want to ensure you look after yourself while you are working. Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP) provider, Homewood Health, provides a number of valuable resources to support you during this time. Topics include managing stress and anxiety, building resilience, dealing with financial stress, work life balance, and more.
If you are struggling with your mental health during these changing times, reach out for support through Human Resources, Occupational Health, EFAP Homewood Health (1-800-663-1142), Here247, and Wellness Together Canada.
Employee and graduate student contacts
If you have questions about COVID-19, please use the COVID-19 self-assessment tool, which can also be found in the WatSAFE app, to determine if you need to seek further care before calling Telehealth Ontario.
Weekend health-related inquiries
- Telehealth Ontario 1-866-797-0000 or Toll-free TTY: 1-866-797-0007.
- Contact your family doctor, or
- Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-797-0000, or
- Occupational Health 519-888-4567 ext. 36264 or 30338, or
- EFAP Homewood Health (1-800-663-1142), or
- Here247, or
- Wellness Together Canada
Non-health related inquiries:
- Employees: contact your manager
- Graduate students: Contact your supervisor or Associate Dean Graduate Studies
Return to campus tools
- Operational unit return plan template
- Laboratory research safety plan template
- Field/off-campus work plan template