The following list provides detailed information on how to access available in-person and online services.
Faculties, schools and colleges
Faculty of Arts
Arts Undergraduate Office
The AUO is closed, but academic advising support will continue to be provided remotely.
- AUO is offering telephone or Skype For Business academic advising appointments during regular advising hours (10:00 am - 11:30 am & 1:00 pm - 3:30 pm). To schedule an appointment, please complete the online appointment request form or call 519-888-4567 ext., 45870.
- Email general questions to email@example.com. We’ll make sure you get your questions answered by the right person.
Arts Graduate Studies and Research Office
The office is closed, but operations continue remotely. Please contact the associate deans and staff via email.
Arts Computing Office
ACO is closed, but support will continue to be provided remotely.
Faculty of Engineering
Most Engineering buildings and deparmtments are currently closed. Staff and faculty are monitoring email and phone messages. For detailed information of specific areas, please see below.
Engineering Undergraduate Office
Closed, but staff are monitoring email.
- First Year Advising: firstname.lastname@example.org
- General Inquiries: email@example.com
- Engineering Instructional Support Tutor: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Admissions Inquiries: email@example.com
- Transfer Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Engineering Graduate Office
Currently closed, but staff are working remotely and will conduct all business via email and you can contact our team.
Researchers, please see additional guidance on the Research Information page.
TA's to continue to support course delivery and should not be having face-to-face contact with students (i.e., office hours should be conducted using an online tool).
Comprehensive Examinations and Thesis Defenses are going forward as planned. Contact the Engineering Graduate Studies Office (EGSO) for faculty-specific considerations.
Engineering Research Office
The Engineering Research Office (ERO) has modified the grant proposal submission process. From now on, only digital copies of grant proposals will be circulated for review and signing. Please follow this process:
- Email your full grant proposal (in PDF or MS Word) with a separate completed Office of Research cover sheet (PDF format) to your Chair/Department as per your department requirements.
- After departmental processing, Chair signs cover sheet (either digitally or sign/scan).
- Chair/Dept. emails digital copy of full grant proposal with signed cover sheet and any other required documentation (e.g., email trails supporting aspects of the grant) to the ERO in care of Rina Salazar (email@example.com). We recommend PI be cc’d.
- ERO will review, obtain Faculty-level signoff on proposal and cover sheet, and digital signed version of proposal will be emailed to appropriate staff in the Office of Research. PI will be cc’d.
Electrical and Computer Engineering
Electrical and Computer Engineering Department labs closed.
Engineering Computing computer labs are closed.
Faculty of Environment
All Environment buildings are currently closed. Staff and faculty are monitoring email and phone messages. For detailed information of specific areas, please see below.
Environment Undergraduate Studies
The Undergraduate Office is closed, but support will continue to be provided remotely. We can be reached at the emails below:
- Brendon Larson – Associate Dean, Undergraduate Studies
- Carol Knipe – Faculty Undergraduate Coordinator
Environment Graduate Studies
Our offices are closed until further notice however we are working remotely and can be reached at the emails below:
- Shoshana Holodom - Graduate Program Assistant
- Peter Deadman - Associate Dean, Graduate Studies
- Akansha Jakhar - Graduate Studies Marketing and Recruitment Specialist
Environment Advancement Office
The Faculty of Environment Advancement Office is closed but operations continue remotely.
All Faculty of Environment Advancement events scheduled prior to May 1, 2020 are postponed.
Please contact Maryam Latifpoor-Keparoutis, Director of Advancement, Faculty of Environment for Advancement related matters.
The Ecology labs are closed and in-person support is currently unavailable as the university complies with COVID-19 health directives.
If you have any questions or concerns, support is available by contacting the lab manager, Anne Grant.
Mapping, Analysis and Design
- As the University responds to COVID-19, the MAD Help Desk is closed.
- We are suspending our equipment loan services. All ENV computing labs (DMC, Galileo, Geddes, Magellan, General Use Lab 1 and 2) and MAD facilities (Workshop, Photo Studio, Sound Studio, Darkroom, and Film Dev Room) are closed until further notice.
- Students enrolled in GEOG/PLAN 281, 381, 387, 471, 481, 487 have remote access to ArcGIS.
- Please check course/computing-related info from your instructors on LEARN or other official course channels.
- For the interim, MAD is providing Webex support to those who need it for remote comprehensive examinations (comps) and thesis defence.
- If you have questions, please submit an RT or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Faculty of Health
All Faculty of Health buildings are closed.
Offices are closed. Academic advisors are available online. Consult your department/school:
- Kinesiology advising
- Public Health and Health Systems advising
- Recreation and Leisure Studies advising
Graduate Studies Support
Offices are closed. Members of the graduate studies team are available via email.
Health Computing Office
Computer labs are closed.
Faculty of Mathematics
Faculty of Science
Science Undergraduate Office
Closed, but staff are continuing to work remotely. Email inquiries should be sent to email@example.com or their academic advisor.
Science Graduate Studies Office
Closed for all in-person business. Staff will continue to work remotely.
Science Technical Services
Science Technical Services is open on an appointment-only basis. Please submit your request through our online work order, and one of our experts will be in touch with you to schedule the work.
We are now taking email orders and arranging scheduled pick-up times. We encourage labs to schedule waste drop off and supply pick ups in the same trip when possible to limit the amount of traffic through the building.
ChemStores will not be providing liquid nitrogen or dry ice. Labs will need to contact central stores to place individual orders for these. This is due to the nature of the shared space and shared equipment that the regular system requires.
Earth Science Museum
Closed until further notice.
Electron and confocal microscopy
This facility is open by appointment. Please contact Mishi Groh for more information.
Environmental Isotope Lab
This facility is open and running samples. Please contact Rhys Gwynne for more information.
Faculty of Science Greenhouse
This facility is open by appointment. Please contact Scott Liddycoat for more information.
Gustav Bakos Observatory
Closed until further notice.
Mass Spectrometry Facility
The facility is open by appointment only. Contact Richard Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions.
Molecular Biology Core Facility
This facility is open by appointment. Please contact Terence Tang for more information.
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Facility
This facility is open by appointment only.
Science Waste Facility
Open by appointment only. Please see information on the Safety Office's website to set up an appointment.
Single Crystal X-Ray Diffraction Lab
Open by appointment only. Contact Jalil Assoud (email@example.com) if you have any questions.
Conrad Grebel University College
Grebel’s Reception desk and Main Office are open Monday-Friday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm. Anyone entering the building is required to wear a mask, complete a self-assessment, take their temperature, and sign in and out.
Most faculty and staff are working from home and are available by email or phone. Access the Grebel directory.
Residence is open with single occupancy rooms only and students are following all applicable public health directives.
Staff and faculty needing support are encouraged to contact UWaterloo’s Employee Assistance Program.
The Milton Good Library is open for book pickup and individual study space. The Mennonite Archives of Ontario is open by appointment only. For more information, see the library updates page.
The Grebel Gallery at the Kindred Credit Union Centre for Peace Advancement is closed. More details.
Renison University College
For the safety and security of those who remain in the building, access is restricted to students, faculty and staff: restricted fob access only.
In keeping with public health directives and the state of emergency declared by the Ontario Premier, only essential services remain operational.
Please be aware that conditions are changing rapidly; check this space for daily updates.
Renison Residence remains open. All students are being urged to find alternate accommodation by no later than noon Friday, March 20. Provisions will be made for those students who are unable to relocate, including those international students unable to make travel arrangements. Full details have been sent directly to Renison Residents. If you are living in Residence at Renison and have not received a detailed notification, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Food Services and Housekeeping
Renison will maintain food and housekeeping services for those students, staff and faculty that remain on campus. Please be aware that service levels will be modified in response to changing needs. Details will be posted here as they are made available.
The health and well being of our students, staff and faculty remain our first priority as we continue to respond to the changing nature of this outbreak. Cleaning staff are following public health recommendations with respect to the frequency and level of cleaning, particularly of high-touch areas such as washroom facilities, door handles, and stair railings.
Counselling and Support Services
We understand that this global pandemic is adding considerable stress and uncertainty to the lives of our community. Renison's Student Services Counsellors remain available to students and can be contacted by email:
- Reta Franci email@example.com
- Priscilla Sihn firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please email one of the counsellors above to set up a private, remote meeting.
Additionally, our College Chaplain, the Venerable Megan Collings-Moore will continue to be a resource and support to students, faculty and staff: email@example.com. Feel free to contact Megan with any questions or concerns.
Also, for staff and faculty, UWaterloo's EAP program is still operating. They are currently saying that they will offer telephone based counseling and encouraging folks who feel stressed by the pandemic and associated actions/responses to be in touch. Contact info ca be found at https://uwaterloo.ca/employee-assistance-program/.
Renison’s Lusi Wong Library
Closed. Library staff will continue to provide online support: firstname.lastname@example.org. Full details on book returns, interlibrary loans and other library services can be found on the Lusi Wong Library home page.
Campus Wellness (Counselling Services and Health Services) remains open with alternative processes in place in response to the COVID-19 situation. To book an appointment with Counselling Services please call ahead, at 519-888-4567 ext. 32655, as no appointments will be booked in-person.
- We are currently providing services by phone and video.
- All booked appointments will be moved to phone/video appointments. Please note that Counselling Services will contact you with directions for how to call in for your phone/video appointment.
- Check out our Fall 2020 group therapy offerings.
- Monday 8:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m
- Tuesday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Visit the Campus Wellness website for the full update on their fall services.
Campus Wellness (Counselling Services and Health Services) remains open with alternative processes in place in response to the COVID-19 situation. To book an appointment please call ahead, as no appointments will be booked in-person.
To book an appointment with Health Services please call, 519-888-4096.
- Open for all medical services, with modified or alternative service delivery. All appointments will be addressed via phone or video if possible.
- We ask that you call ahead to book any appointment. No appointments will be scheduled in-person. All individuals will be given an appointment time and asked to come back for in person care if deemed necessary by the clinician during the initial appointment.
- All visitors not seeking medical attention are asked to not enter the building.
- If you are unable to wait for an appointment, recommendation: seek emergency medical care.
- Sports medicine appointments will continue and arranged through Waterloo Sports Medicine clinic.
- Appointments with our psychiatrists and dietitian will continue as planned.
- LifeLabs location in Health Services are open on Tuesday (9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.) Wednesday (8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.) and Thursday (9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.)
- We recommend that all prescription renewals are submitted virtually.
- Monday 8:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m
- Tuesday—Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Visit the Campus Wellness website for the full update on their fall services.
Offices and services
Although the doors of AccessAbility Services (AAS) and the Exam Centre are temporarily closed, AAS staff are still available and committed to supporting students with disabilities. AAS will continue to support students with assistive technology, learning strategy support, and accommodation consulting to ensure they are supported in the online space.
New tools and resources for students
- AccessAbility Services YouTube channel
- Keep up to date on new assistive technology including tools to audio record online lectures, transcribe audio recordings, digitize written math content, and more. Subscribe to the channel to receive updates on new content.
- New LEARN course
- Online learning strategy and technology workshops, modules, resources and discussion board are available through the AccessAbility Services LEARN course. A new module in LEARN has been developed to help students with disabilities to manage online learning. Watch the video on accessing the course via LEARN.
- Updated Faculty Notification Letter (FNL)
- The FNL is generated when you request an accommodation for a course and includes an updated description for each accommodation that articulate roles and responsibilities for facilitating accommodation in the online environment. You can read your letter by logging on to AAS’ online system and viewing it in your mailbox.
AAS is here to help
Students with a known or suspected disability are encouraged to register with AccessAbility Services by completing the online application available on the AAS website. To schedule an appointment or request assistance, please contact the Front Desk by phone at 519-888-4567, ext. 35082 or email at email@example.com. The AAS voicemail and email inboxes are being checked regularly.
Athletics facilities are closed. Athletics will continue to offer online programming as well as the new Warrior Reset program. The fees for Personal Training Consultation and the Warrior Reset program will be waived during the lockdown. Visit the Healthy Warriors at Home page or the Warrior Reset program for more information.
Check out the Campus Housing website for the latest information.
The Visitors Centre is closed for in-person tours. We are currently offering virtual campus tours and webinars – please visit our website for a list of current offerings.
Operational hours: Monday to Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Services resuming near-normal operation (see note below):
- Mail delivery/pickup
- Letter shop
- Regular outgoing mail processing
- Freight delivery
- Gas cylinder processing
- User product handling
- Office paper recycling/shredding
- Digital imaging services
Note: Scheduled on-campus mail delivery and pick up times will be altered to accommodate continued COVID-19 protocols and specific campus department needs. Freight and package deliveries currently hold highest priority, to support essential services across campus. To discuss possible service changes as need arises, email Rob Mcmurren.
Additional services now available:
- Affordable masks (sourced with direction and authroization of the Safety Office) are available for purchase:
- Disposable (medical) 3-layer masks (box of 50)
- Non-medical cloth masks (package of 5)
- Mask filters (package of 50)
- Lettershop services are specifically designed to provide clients with everything they require for successful direct mail campaigns. Our state-of-the-art lettershop equipment and quality control production flow help us minimize production time and maximize your investment. COVID-19 has increased the need to move larger volumes of product and information to students and other university associates now learning and/or working from off-campus settings. Lettershop Services can facilitate packaging and mailing/shipping needs, at a reasonable cost. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Centre for Career Action
Services have temporarily been suspended in the Tatham Centre. Centre for Career Action services are still available virtually, and co-op interviews will continue to be conducted remotely.
Go to WaterlooWorks to book:
- A one-on-one online/phone career appointment on a range of employment topics
- A virtual co-op consult for pre-first work term students (students who are currently on or have completed a work term should contact their student advisor for support)
- An online drop-in for help with résumé, cover letter, or interview topics (undergraduate and Master's students)
- An online drop-in for help with résumé, cover letter, or interview topics (PhD students and postdoctoral fellows)
- An online drop-in for help with Further Education topics
Contact email@example.com for further support.
Centre for Community, Clinical and Applied Research Excellence
All CCCARE/Waterloo Fitness programs and research activities at Toby Jenkins Building (TJB) and Lyle Hallman Institute (LHI) have been suspended until further notice.
Centre for Extended Learning
Centre for Teaching Excellence
All face-to-face CTE programs are cancelled, postponed, or moving online until the end of the Spring term (at minimum). To see our current offerings, including workshops designed to assist instructors in shifting to remote teaching, see our online roster of events. One-on-one consultations will continue online.
Services have temporarily been suspended in the Tatham Centre, but co-op interviews and support for co-op students/employers will continue to be offered remotely.
- Pease visit the webpages below on the co-op website for more details about how the co-op process and requirements have been altered to make it easier for you to find work and maintain your credits in light of COVID-19:
- If you have questions about your specific situation, please reach out to your co-op advisor.
- Please visit the COVID-19 work term updates due to COVID-19webpage on the Hire Waterloo website for more details about how the co-op process and requirements have been altered to help make it easier for you to hire top talent from Waterloo.
- If you have questions about your specific situation, please reach out to your account manager.
All Confernece Management activity is suspended.
- Design projects will continue as usual as staff is fully equipped while working from home
- Currently, all print vendors continue to operate (this could change in the upcoming weeks)
- ALL proofs will be shared electronically, no hard copies of proofs will be delivered during this time
- As Central Stores remains open, the final delivery of packages will be delivered from the printer as usual
- Packages can either be held at Central Stores for direct pickup or can be held for delivery to an office location when operations return to normal.
In-person operations are suspended until further notice.
Finance service modifications due to COVID-19 are available on the Finance Resources COVID-19 website (username and password required).
Questions about application of policy or procedure should be directed to your Faculty and Department Financial Officers, who may in turn reach out to Finance for information or clarification, if necessary.
If you have questions about the following topics, please contact:
- General Accounts Receivable invoice inquiries - firstname.lastname@example.org
- General Accounts Payable invoice inquiries - Suppliers can email their invoices directly to email@example.com
- Specific Finance Inquiries – please visit our Contact Us page or email us directly at rt-FINfirstname.lastname@example.org
Food Services operations have been modified with regard to the provincial shutdown.
The Market at Claudette Millar Hall is open for take-out only (dining space is closed) during the following hours:
Monday to Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Catering will only be producing delivered meals to the Radisson Hotel for the International Student Quarantine program and for any students self-isolating at CLV who have signed on for the food package.
The Tim Hortons in the Student Life Centre is open Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Other locations, including Starbucks STC, Brubakers, DC Bytes, and Tim Hortons DC will remain closed during the provincial shutdown until at least January 25, including the mobile order and delivery app locations (Pizza Pizza, Shawarma Hub, Subway, Catering and UC Eats, and Rolltation).
All food services are take-out and/or delivery only. Dine-in seating is not permitted.
Human Rights, Equity and Inclusion
In-person appointments and services are cancelled until further notice; however, the team is available through online channels (email and Skype) 8:30am-4:30pm, Monday to Friday. Some services and supports can be flexible if a virtual meeting outside of business hours is required.
Please reach out through the following channels:
Conflict Management and Human Rights Office
Education and Training
Information Systems and Technology
The Information Systems & Technology (IST) on-campus service desk locations remain closed. IST continues to provide support through online tools, including email, phone and live chat.
IT professional development (ITPD) presentation-style courses have resumed and are being offered online. All hands-on style courses are currently unavailable. Other training resources, including those for the WCMS, Microsoft Teams, WebEx, and Working remotely efficiently and securely, are also available online.
Professional Development Advisory Group (PDAG) Friday morning seminars have also resumed, online, and a list of upcoming seminars can be viewed on the PDAG website.
IT Service Desk
The Information Systems & Technology (IST) on-campus service desk locations remain closed. IST continues to provide support through online tools, including email, phone and live chat.
Libraries are open for curbside, delivery and pick-up. Visitors are permitted to enter libraries for contactless drop-off and pick-up, or similar services. Most research-related services may continue.
The Library's DC Study Space service was anticipated to resume on the first day of classes, January 11, 2021, but will not be available during the provincial shutdown.
Book Pickup @ Porter and Conrad Grebel services is available. Musagetes service occurs once per week on Fridays.
Office of Research
EC5 is now closed. Office of Research staff are working from home and are able to assist you remotely. Check here for a list of Office of Research staff contacts.
Acceptance of documents
Only electronic documents can be accepted at this time. Please do not send paper forms through the mail as these will not be received.
Acceptance of Digital Signatures
Signatures on Internal Documents (e.g., cover sheets, travel claims, payroll forms, etc.)
The Office of Research will accept electronic signatures or scanned signatures on documents.
Signatures on External Documents
The Office of Research is working with IST on an electronic signature solution for legally binding documents and this will be rolled out across campus within the next few weeks.
Paper claims for compliance review
Paper claims can no longer be accepted as hard copy documents. Where possible, all reimbursement claims should be made using the online Concur system. Fully approved, paper reimbursement claims should be scanned and emailed with all appropriate supporting documentation to the appropriate Research Finance Training and Compliance Officer.
Faculty Research Consulting Payments
These can no longer be accepted as hard copy documents. For payments that will be processed through Payroll, a One-Time Payment Request form and an invoice need to be completed and approved by both the PI and the one-over-one approver. For payments that will be processed through Accounts Payable, a vendor invoice needs to be submitted which has been approved by both the PI and the one-over-one approver. Approvals can be digitally signed. All documentation is to be forwarded via email to Research Finance at the contact information below.
Information on what is required can be found on the section for Other Expenses on the OR website.
Financial statement approval
Research Finance is accepting financial statements that are signed electronically or have scanned signatures.
Expense transfers on research work orders
These can no longer be accepted as hard copy documents.
All expense transfers require the approval of the appropriate Faculty Financial Officer (FFO). An electronic package including the appropriate backup (e.g. reason for correction, GL posting attributes, copy of invoice/claim, payroll report, other supporting information) and approvals should be sent to the FFO for review.The FFO will approve and email the completed expense transfer package to Research Finance at the contact information below.
Extensions of research work orders
Either contact your Research Financial Analyst or your Office of Research pre-award contact for your grant/contract.
Invoices for research work orders will continue to be processed by Research Finance unless advice has been received by the PI.
Closing of Work Orders
The Research Financial Analyst will contact the PI following the current practice.
Research Finance contacts
|Research Finance Training and Compliance Officer here or email@example.com|
Email the staff responsible for your department to arrange a telephone or virtual meeting. Consultations on studies related to the COVID-19 situation will be given priority. Check here for a list of Research Ethics staff.
Weekly drop-in sessions
Drop-in sessions are suspended until on-campus activities resume.
Human research ethics training and education
Animal research ethics training and education
Online training will continue. Hands-on animal care-and-use training is suspended, unless there are exceptional cases. Contact Cindy Futher to discuss training requirements.
Reviews of new studies, amendments, renewals, and closures
Research ethics reviews for all types of studies are continuing.
New studies and amendments to ongoing studies that are related to COVID-19 are being given priority review. Until further notice, research activities that require face-to-face interactions may not be conducted. This applies to all new and ongoing studies.New studies that receive ethics clearance and have a necessary on-campus research component (e.g., tissue and cell line studies, animal work) cannot begin unless a separate approval has been obtained.
All researchers must safely suspended lab operations unless a separate approval to maintain an on-campus research activity has been obtained.
All human research activities that require face-to-face interactions are suspended. If your study can be adapted to eliminate personal contact submit an amendment for priority review. If there are aspects of the study that do not require in person contact (email recruitment, data analysis) these may continue.No new studies with animals may be initiated.
Funding opportunities updates will continue to be disseminated via the regular channels:
Proposal/application review and submission
Applicant to contact a Grants and Contracts or Senior Manager for assistance.
Extensions to application deadlines
Applicant to contact a Grants and Contracts or Senior Manager for information.
International student travel awards (ie. Mitacs)
IRP is directing these types of queries to the main COVID-19 webpage on the UW site and the Safety Abroad Manager in Waterloo International for more information.
Extensions of contracts, research work orders, amendments
PIs to contact a Grants and Contracts or Senior Manager for assistance. IRP manager will communicate with sponsor coordinator regarding drafts/changes.
Extensions of internal awards (ie. IRPGs, RIFs)
PI’s to contact Grants and Contracts or Senior Manager for assistance.
PIs to contact a Grants and Contracts or Senior Manager who will undertake the negotiations on behalf of the university.
Office of Research will continue to release WOs in a timely manner.
Invoices for research work orders will continue to be processed by Research Finance and will be sent electronically. PIs to contact RFA with inquiries.
Incoming research delegations
Incoming delegations have been cancelled or postponed until further notice.
In-person information sessions have been cancelled or postponed until further notice. Where available, online webinars and sessions are being offered.
Inquiries regarding MOUs and international partnerships
PI/Researcher to contact Drew Knight for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Plant Operations has modified services in place that are changing regularly to support the campus. For further information related to their modified services and support (including details of revised cleaning schedules, COVID-19 supplies, etc.) please refer to their website.
Print + Retail Solutions
Print + Retail Solutions will continue to facilitate textbook and course material ordering and offers shipping or curbside pickup options. W Store and W Print will be operating online-only until further notice. Visit us online at wstore.ca.
Procurement and Contract Services
In-person operations are suspended.
All staff available via email.
We continue to issue purchase orders to suppliers who remain open, though they may not be shipping.
Customs clearance services are operational, though the situation is fluid at the border.
Registrar's Office (including Student Awards and Financial Aid)
Student Financial Services
In-person support at our service desk is currently unavailable.
Phone support is available via The Centre ext. 42268.
Student Life Centre / Turnkey
- The Student Life Centre (SLC) will be open Monday to Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., and closed weekends. Only the SLC's Ring Road doors will be open for entry; all other doors with be exit-only.
- All student study space or lounge space is now closed. Access to the second and third floors is also restricted.
- The Turnkey Desk will be open from 7:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Turnkey will be available for GRT Easy Go Fare Card Services, GO Transit, PRESTO Card Services, Greyhound, and Food Bank Hampers.
- Campus Dentist: Open by appointment only – patients can call 519-888-4607, email at email@example.com visit the website www.campusdentist.com
- CIBC Banking Centre: Open from 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- CIBC banking machine and self-service printing:Available during the building's operating hours.
- Feds Used Books: Order online with pick-up at Turnkey.
- Food Services:
- Brubakers, Subway, Pizza Pizza and Shawarma Hub: Temporarily closed.
- Tim Hortons is open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- International News: Open from 7:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Lifetouch Photography: Open by appointment only
- SOS Physiotherapy: Open by appointment only. Patients can call 519-884-0767, email at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the www.campusphysio.com
- Student Health Pharmacy: Open from 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. (delivery is available)
- W Store Essentials: Temporarily closed.
- WatCard: Serices available online.
Student Success Office
- Online Peer Success Coaching appointments are available. Book your appointment online. In-person Peer Success Coaching appointments are not available until further notice.
- Explore online resources for Learning Online in University.
- Limited Student Leadership Program workshops are available online. Register in Portal. Contact Jill Knight if you have questions.
Study abroad and exchange
- Mandatory information sessions - Available online
International student resources
- Immigration consulting services will be offered remotely via phone or video chat. Please proceed with booking an appointment on Portal and refer to your confirmation email for next steps.
- Immigration Information Sessions are offered online.
- Although the Student Success Office in South Campus Hall is closed for in-person services, you can:
- Use our website for online resources
- Email us at email@example.com
- Call us at 519-888-4567 ext.84410
- Connect with us on social media @UWaterlooLIFE
The Centre is currently closed to walk-in visits. Connect with us by email, live chat, or at 519-888-4567, ext. 42268 so we can assist you. If you would like to schedule an in-person appointment, please call our office. Official documents continue to be processed for email, regular mail, and courier.
The Centre hours are Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The Centre will be closed during university holidays and closures.
In-office operations are suspended. Remote assistance is available.
Waterloo Undergraduate Student Association (WUSA)
Food Support Service food hampers are currently available from the Turnkey Desk on weekdays from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. in the Student Life Centre. If you have any questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Bike Centre – Now open by appointment for your bicycle repair and rental needs in the Student Life Centre. For more information or to schedule an appointment, please go to: https://wusa.ca/bikecentre
Centre for Academic Policy Support - CAPS is here to assist Waterloo undergraduates throughout their experience in navigating academic policy in the instances of filing petitions, grievances and appeals. Please contact them at email@example.com. More information at http://wusa.ca/caps
WUSA Commissioners who can help in a variety of areas that students may be experiencing during this time:
WUSA Student Legal Protection Program - Seeking legal counsel can be intimidating, especially if it’s your first time facing a legal issue. The legal assistance helpline provides quick access to legal advice in any area of law, including criminal. Just call 1-833-202-4571.
Empower Me is a confidential mental health and wellness service that connects students with qualified counsellors 24/7. They can be reached at 1-833-628-5589.
Please visit the WUSA website for additional information.
Writing and Communication Centre
The Writing and Communication Centre has moved its programs and services online:
- Online pre-booked appointments
- Virtual drop-in appointments
- Online writing cafés and #WaterlooWrites groups
- Online Dissertation Boot Camp
- Online learning resources