The University’s design authority
The Creative Services team is prepared to deliver high quality messaging in any format, from a brochure to a multi-piece campaign.
Creative Services is a funded support unit within Marketing and Strategic Initiatives. University-designated units will be able to save time due to reduced paperwork when turning to Creative Services as a source for:
- Graphic design
- Print production management
- Video production
- Animated and motion videos
- Website enhancements
- Photographic management
The Waterloo edge
- Unique perspective: As a part of the University of Waterloo, Creative Services has a singular perspective on the Waterloo story — the campus, the people, the University’s goals, its departmental objectives and the importance of the University’s messaging to the world.
- Efficient, effective service: A suite of tools, including a strategic brief document, revised online requisition and updated “how-to” PDFs, will streamline and clarify the ordering process.
- Identity guidelines expertise: A thorough understanding of strategic needs as outlined in the strategic brief document and mastery of the Waterloo Brand Guidelines ensure clear and consistent messaging.
Creative Services provides funded design for work that directly benefits and promotes the University and its goals.
Affiliated and federated institutions and all ancillary departments will be charged a design fee of $85 per hour or video $100 per hour.
Creative Services Projects: Terms of Reference
1. Projects requisitioned by the campus community need to be associated with an account code (generally indicating their campus connection), include the use of the University logo, and incorporate the brand guidelines.
2. Groups/Associations that are outside the campus community such as: industry, government sponsor/support, or other universities — e.g. GoEng Girl — are deemed to be ‘chargeable clients’.
3. Student academic work does not fall under the purview of Creative Services.
4. Projects featuring research work where grants or funds are provided and the University is not to be clearly promoted on the piece — e.g. promotion of a professor’s individual research (similar to not being ‘on brand’) — will not be accepted by Creative Services.
Contact Creative Services
Monday-Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
519-888-4567, ext. 31759 or 33612