IMPORTANT TO NOTE:
- Every project begins with a plan which will consider the target audience, the purpose and desired outcome, and how the project will meet the University’s strategic communications goals. We will review the following brief to outline the strategic intent of the project, how it meets your department's goals, and inform the production team.
- Request and approve a quote. We are a centrally funded unit; we provide video design at no cost. External vendor services including additional shooters, writers, equipment, and sound are managed by Creative Services to ensure alignment with the brand and high quality production.
- In the preproduction stage, Creative Services team members will work with you to develop the video content and guide you through the process of writing the script, casting the talent, and finding the best locations. At this time, we will brainstorm creative approaches and story boards will be developed.
- In the production phase, footage will be accumulated and animations will be created to communicate the messaging of the project.
- In post-production, Creative Services staff will use editing, motion graphics, music and sound mixing to make the original video or animation concept a reality.
- Videos need to be captioned for accessibility purposes. A transcription will need to be created by the client, and from this file Creative Services will create a captions file for videos up to five minutes in length. A transcription is a written version of everything spoken in the video, supplied as a Word document. Please ensure there is enough time at the end of production to create the captions file. Creative Services can find an external vendor to assist with this process if needed or for videos longer than five minutes.