What happens next?
Matriculation: becoming an active student
In order to become active in your program, you must have a status of “matriculation”.
In order to be matriculated into your program you must first:
- Read your offer of admission – View your Offer of Admission.
- Accept your offer of admission through your student Quest account. See the Quest Graduate applicants help page for instructions on how to accept your offer of admission.
- Ensure you have satisfied the conditions of admission listed on your Quest account and included in your offer of admission. See the Quest Graduate applicants help page for instructions on how to view your conditions.
Graduate Studies and Postdoctoral Affairs (GSPA) will matriculate you one to two weeks prior to the open class enrolment date. See the Graduate Studies Academic Calendar - calendar of events and academic deadlines for important dates and deadlines.
- Your status in Quest will be updated to “matriculation” (made active) once the process has run. See the Quest Graduate applicants help page for instructions on how to view your status.
After you are matriculated you can:
- Make fee arrangements. Student Financial Services will post your tuition fees on Quest approximately one month before the beginning of each term. They will also notify you by email at that time.
- Sign up for classes. Visit the Graduate Studies Academic Calendar - calendar of events and academic deadlines for Open Class Enrolment Date.
- Obtain your Waterloo Student ID Card (WatCard). Visit the Watcard website for more information.
- Use your Waterloo email account. Visit the Information Systems & Technology (IST) Student email website for more information.
- Note: Waterloo email accounts are managed by IST following matriculation.
- See your department website for information on your program and start of term as indicated in your offer of admission. Information on your offer of admission can be found on our You've been admitted website.
- Check out our New students page for more information.