Waterloo's accepted ELP examinations and required scores are outlined in the Graduate Studies Academic Calendar — English language proficiency section.
As you view the required scores in the Graduate Studies Academic Calendar, there are a few important things to note:
Before you apply
- ELP test scores are valid for two years from the test date.
- Tests that do not appear on the ELP requirement charts are not accepted for admission consideration.
- Letters from your university stating the medium of instruction is English do not satisfy our requirements, please do not upload them.
- Waterloo reserves the right to request an English language test result from any applicant.
After you apply
- Arrange for original test scores to be sent to us directly from the testing agency.
- When ordering your TOEFL from the Education Testing Service (ETS) use:
- Institution code - 0996 (University of Waterloo)
- Department Code - 01 (Graduate Studies)
- When ordering your IELTS from the agency:
- Waterloo receives results electronically; you do not need to courier us a paper copy of the results.
Uploading your documents
- Copies of original test scores (TOEFL, IELTS, MELAB, CAEL, EFAS) can be uploaded in Quest.