When applying to Waterloo you are required to declare on your application all academic education from all past and present universities, colleges and post-secondary institutions attended. In addition to completed degrees, diplomas and post-secondary certificates, programs that are currently in progress, incomplete studies, non-degree studies/courses, transfer credit courses, and online courses must be declared. Your complete post-secondary educational history is required by the academic department in a review and evaluation of your application. Failure to declare all education may delay a review of your application file.
Types of education / transcripts
|Declare on application||Upload to Quest|
No - we will upload a copy of your Waterloo transcript
NOTE: We will not replace copies of transcripts if new grades are added since you first provided a copy to Waterloo.
|return to top|
A copy of your transcript is required for all post-secondary academic education and needs to be uploaded through Quest.
- Copies of transcripts must display your full name, academic program and the university's name along with transcript legends/keys/grading scales.
- All courses and grades, along with the transcript legends/keys/grading scales and degree certificates, if applicable, must be included.
- One file per institution can be uploaded (if you completed more than one degree at the same institution, both transcripts must be in a single file).
- The file name should not include brackets ( ), quotations ' ' or any special characters, and the character length should be kept short.
- To reduce your file size, try using a lower resolution and scanning in black and white instead of colour.
- Waterloo will accept transcripts issued in either English or French from Canadian institutions only. A translation is not required.
- Remember to include the transcript legend normally found on the back of your transcript.
- If the official language of instruction at your institution is not English, please include both the original language document and a certified English translation for the transcript and degree certificate/diploma.
- Remember to include the official grading scale or transcript legend.
Updating your previous education
It is important to remember that you are required to declare all academic education from all past and present universities, colleges and post-secondary institutions attended on your application.
- If you did not declare some of your previous education, send an email to email@example.com with the following information:
Subject line: Education Update Required
Waterloo student ID number:
Field of study:
Date attended (from date):
Date attended (to date):
Self-declared overall average: