Step 1: Begin your online application
The University of Waterloo processes all applications through the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC). When you begin the application process, you will be transferred to the OUAC website where you will complete and submit your application. You will be required to create an OUAC Account (if you do not already have one). You may have only one OUAC Account. Please direct any Step 1 online application process questions to OUAC.
- Select your program: visit our program pages for more information
- please ensure you apply to the correct program as a new application may be required in order to make changes
- it is advised that you apply at least two weeks ahead of the program application deadline to ensure you have time to complete steps 2 and 3 and your referees have time to submit their reference form
- Enter the required application information
- Pay the non-refundable application fee of $100 CAD per program
- NOTE: effective October 1, 2019 the application fee will increase to $125 CAD per program
After you have completed Step 1 of the application process and the OUAC application fee has been processed, within one to two business days you will receive an email from us with instructions for claiming your identity (user ID and password) to access Quest, the University of Waterloo’s student information system.