Whether you're in the process of applying to Waterloo graduate studies, or you have already been offered admission and have questions about your funding package, the best resource for information on funding is always your program co-ordinator.
Research-based master's programs
- Waterloo recommends minimum levels of funding for research-based master's students in their first year of full-time study.
- Learn more about our funding guidelines, including the value and how it's provided, on the Graduate Studies minimum funding page.
Doctoral (PhD) programs
- Waterloo offers guaranteed minimum funding for doctoral students in their first four years of full-time enrolment. Many of Waterloo’s departments and schools offer funding which exceeds the university’s minimum.
- Learn more about our guaranteed funding, including the value and how it's provided, on the Graduate Studies minimum funding page.
Coursework, online and professional graduate programs
- Waterloo normally does not provide funding to students in coursework, online and professional graduate programs, due to limited available funding.
- Contact your program co-ordinator to learn if any funding options are available.