Whether you're a single graduate student or have a family and dependents, we have safe and comfortable communities that will be your home away from home throughout the duration of your program.
On-campus residences (Waterloo campus)
Columbia Lake Village (CLV)
- Apartment-style residence community
- Furnished two-bedroom (CLV-North) and four-bedroom (CLV-South) townhouses for single graduate students
- Unfurnished townhouses with designated family area for graduate students with live-in dependants
- For more information visit the CLV website
St. Paul's University College
- Apartments available for both single students and families
- For more information visit the St. Paul's University College graduate student housing website
The Off-Campus Housing Office can assist you with finding a place off-campus, free lease reviews and any issues that may arise once you have found housing.
Based on RentSeeker.ca, here is a comparison of the cost of renting an apartment in three major Canadian cities. (October 2018)
Average monthly rent for a one-bedroom apartment:
- Waterloo: $1,123
- Toronto: $1,464
- Vancouver: $1,542