If you have questions about the Theatre and Performance program or DRAMA courses, please email Ceylan Enver. If you wish to meet with the Theatre and Performance undergraduate advisor, please contact Dr. Jennifer Roberts-Smith.

Declaring a major or minor in Drama

In order to join the Theatre and Performance program, you must:

  • complete a plan modification form and submit it to the Theatre and Performance undergraduate advisor
  • have completed at least one Drama course; and
  • have a major average that meets the minimum for your intended program (75% for honours or joint honours; 70% for four year general; 65% for all other programs).

DRAMA 100 and 102 are required for all Drama plans, so it is ideal to take both in your first year.

Frequently Asked Questions

Employment Opportunity for Sessional Instructors

The Speech Communication program at the University of Waterloo is searching for several new sessional instructors to teach core communication courses.  Based in a liberal arts faculty with high national and international standards, the Speech Communication program currently serves approximately 150 majors, 50 minors, and delivers many sections of communication courses to four Faculties from across the University.

Sessional instructors could teach up to three sections per academic term of the following courses: Public Speaking, Interpersonal Communication, Science Communication, or Communication in the Engineering Professions. Each of these courses include emphases on foundational communication competencies and are designed to align with the Speech Communication program objectives. More information on the Speech Communication program can be found here:


Interested instructors should have a PhD or be working toward completing a PhD, and should send a CV and a brief letter of interest that addresses qualifications and teaching philosophy to:

Dr. Robert Danisch

Chair, Department of Drama and Speech Communication

University of Waterloo

200 University Avenue West

Waterloo, Ontario N2L 3G1