Dept of Earth & Environmental Sciences
Centre for Environmental and Information Technology (EIT)
200 University Ave. W
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada N2L 3G1
Phone: (519) 888-4567
This event will provide information on UW policies specific to various special leaves (e.g., maternity, parental, family caregiver or medical leaves), that are available to faculty, staff and graduate students as well as the processes involved. The implications of taking particular leaves and relevant considerations for areas such as research grant funding, graduate scholarships and career progression will be highlighted and discussed. UW Panelists with expertise in these areas will give short presentations followed by a 30-minute Q&A session.
This event is open to all faculty, staff and graduate students. Refreshments will be provided.
The panelists are:
- Alison Stewart (Human Resources Partner, Human Resources)
- Sally Gunz (President, Faculty Association of the University of Waterloo; Professor, School of Accounting and Finance)
- Kelley Moran (Senior Manager, Funding Agencies and Non-Profit Sponsors, Research Office)
- Lynn Judge (Director, Graduate Academic Services)
- Chair: Colleen Maxwell (Professor, School of Pharmacy)
For further information please contact Ben Thompson, Faculty of Science HeForShe Working Group (email@example.com)
200 University Ave West
Waterloo, ON N2L 3G1