The Earth Sciences Museum is always seeking donation of rocks, minerals, fossils, meteorites, replicas, photographs, instruments and artwork in accordance with the Mission Statement.
Below is a list of areas we are focusing our collecting efforts to enhance the completeness of our collection.
- Canadian diamond mining specimens and artifacts
- Ontario mining artifacts
- Copper minerals
- Ontario/North American fossils
- Volcanic rocks
- Native silver
- Pillow Basalt for the Peter Russell Rock Garden (Size = approximately 1 m3)
- Joggins Fossil Cliffs for the Peter Russell Rock Garden (Size = approximately 1 m3)
- Minerals associated with Mohs scale of hardness: Talc, Gypsum, Calcite, Apatite, Fluorite, Feldspar, Quartz, Topaz, Corundum, Diamond (just kidding!)
- Scratch plates
- Ontario fossils