Sept 19 & 20, 2019
|J.W. Marriot, Edmonton, AB||$595-$795*||7|
Foreign direct investment in Canada was $732.3 billion in 2014. To draw from that sizeable pie, communities and regions need to compete at a global level. This seminar provides an opportunity to learn from investment experts who know the rising markets and sectors, what investors are looking for, and how communities can capture their attention.
This seminar will precede the Economic Developers Association of Canada conference to help maximize the professional benefits from limited travel budgets. Please note, registration to the conference is separate, and not required to participate in the seminar.
Great insight on how an Economic Developer needs to develop a course of action to ultimately close a potential deal.
Thursday September 19, 2019
8:30 am - 9:00 am Registration
9:00 am – 12:30 am Current Trends in FDI & Investment Attraction
Dr. Trevin Stratton, Chief Economist, Canadian Chamber of Commerce
- FDI and investment attraction patterns in Canada
- How Canadian FDI is changing
- Understanding investment opportunities at the local level
12:30 pm – 1:30 pm Lunch
1:30 pm – 5:00 pm Assessing Your Community’s FDI Potential
Jamie Vann Struth, Consulting Economist, Vann Struth Consulting Group
- Understanding why a company would invest in your community
- Defining what your community wants from FDI
- Identifying where the EDO can have the biggest impact on FDI
Friday September 20, 2019
9:00 am – 12:30 am Partnerships for FDI & Investment Attraction
Hendrik Taulin, Senior Investment Officer at the Embassy of Canada in Berlin, Germany
- Investment Attraction and the FDI support ecosystem
- Resources for communities pursuing FDI
- Collaboration and competition in investment attraction
12:30 pm – 1:30 pm Lunch
1:30 pm – 4:30 pm Lead Generation and Investment Attraction
Alan Stevenson, Vice President – Client Solutions North America, OCO Global
- What is a lead, and how are they generated?
- Sorting good leads from bad, and understanding which is which
- Tools and tactics for identifying leads
Very insightful, nice to see behind the curtain.
|EDAC Members in good standing*||Regular price|
|Early bird||$595 + GST||$695 + GST|
|After Aug 22, 2019||$695 + GST||$795 + GST|
*EDAC member discount is for those who have paid their annual membership fee. Should your EDAC membership not be paid in full by the date of course/seminar registration, you will be responsible for paying the full (non-member) registration fee