|Date||Location||Registration fee||Certification acquired|
|November 15-18, 2022||Kitchener-Waterloo, ON (in-person)||$1,750-$2,450*||Ec.D.(F)|
|Start Time||9:00 am (Registration at 8:30 am)|
|End Time||5:00 pm|
Why take Year 3?
Year 3 is an enriched four-day program where senior colleagues learn from other leaders in the field. Join an experienced and enthusiastic group to discuss the latest trends, explore the future, and learn new leadership skills in a collaborative team environment.
Am I eligible to take Year 3?
This program is for senior economic developers who have achieved any one of the following benchmarks:
- completed their Certified Economic Developer designation (Ec.D.),
- completed Year 1, Year 2 and Year 2 paper
- have 10 years of experience in the profession and meet EDAC's requirement policy
The course includes lectures, workshops, and small group exercises led by experts and veterans of the field. Topics include:
- An indigenous perspective on economic development
- Gender in economic development
- Mentoring the next generation of leaders
- Change champions: How to be an effective leader, civil servant, and collaborator
- Working with politicians
- Building and maintaining partnerships
- Transformational economic development: from plan to investment
- Working with business in a time of rapid change
- Business strategy simulation
- Business performance measures
- Incubator programs and partners
- UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and local implications
- Complexity, innovation and demonstrating social impact
- International investment and trade: disturbance and opportunity
- Technology & turbulence: artificial intelligence, big data, autonomous/electric vehicles
Participants will also deliver a 10-15 minute presentation on a current economic development topic of their choice. Presentations will be followed by a peer discussion to maximize knowledge sharing and reveal opportunities. These topics could be developed into essays.
|EDAC members in good standing*||Non-EDAC members|
|Early bird||$1,750 + HST||$2,250 + HST|
|After Early bird||$1,950 + HST||$2,450 + HST|
*EDAC member discount is for those who have paid their annual membership fee. Should your EDAC membership not be paid in full by the date of course/seminar registration, you will be responsible for paying the full (non-member) registration fee