BStat, MStat (Indian Statistical Institute); MA, PhD (Toronto)
Areas of specialization: Comparative economic growth; Resource and environment economics
Comparative economic growth
- Role of government in economic growth
- Role of multilateral institutions (eg. IMF, IBRED)
- Third world debt
Resource and environment economics
- Contingent valuation
- Econometrics of travel cost models
- Exhaustible resources and development
Chapters in books
- "Poverty reduction and the poverty reduction facility at the IMF: carving a new path or losing its Way ", in J.A. Brox and P. Koveos (eds). Globalization, governance and public policy (Waterloo North Academic Press, 2007) pp 83-107.
- "The rationality of violent conflict", jointly with M.C. Howard, in J.A. Brox and P. Koveos (eds), Globalization, governance and public policy (Waterloo North Academic Press, 2007) pp 3-20.
- "Re-engaging India: upgrading the Canada-India bazaar relationship", jointly with N. Narain, in A.F. Cooper and D. Rowlands (eds), Canada among nations 2005: split images (McGill University Press, 2005) pp 169-184.
Articles in refereed journals
- “How to eat a cake of unknown size: a reconsideration", Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, 50: 408-21, 2005.
- “Estimating willingness to pay for improved water Quality in the presence of potential item non-response bias”, jointly with J. Brox and K. Stollery, American Journal of Agricultural Economics, 85: 414-428, 2003.
- "Poverty reduction and poverty reduction facility at the IMF: carving a new path or losing its way", CIGI Working Paper # 18, Centre for International Governance Innovation, 2007.
University of Waterloo