Courses available to Master of Engineering students are usually selected from the full set of graduate courses offered in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering.
Please see the full list of graduate courses for the department for more course details.
MEng students should note the following regarding their choice of courses
- The degree of Master of Engineering is awarded based on the successful completion of 8 graduate level courses. A student may take a maximum of 10 courses (0.5 credits each) in the entire MEng program.
- You can register for any ECE course at the 600 or 700 Level if you are not interested in the Graduate Diplomas. No permissions are required for registering in 600 level courses. A minimum of 5 courses should be taken within the ECE department.
- You are allowed to take a maximum of three courses outside the ECE department. The non-ECE courses should not be taken from outside the faculties of Engineering, Math and Science.
- Undergraduate courses (including 400 and 500-level courses) will not be recognized towards the degree requirements.
- Please remember that auditing courses registered as extra do not count as a course towards the Graduate Diploma.
- In order to qualify for a Graduate Diploma, you should make sure that you fulfil the course requirements as specified for each Diploma. Please keep in mind that each Diploma has some courses specified as compulsory. Since all courses in the program are offered only once a year, it is therefore advisable to take the compulsory courses when they are offered.
A course cannot be applied to more than two credentials (e.g., the degree and a single diploma).
- In order to maintain the excellence and integrity of the MEng program, students must maintain a minimum overall average of 70% with no more than two failed courses. Failure to fulfill this requirement may result in withdrawal from the program.
- Due to program completion deadlines, MEng students will not be permitted to register in an OVGS course if it is the final course required to meet degree requirements.
- OVGS course registrations will not be approved beyond the 2nd week of each term.
Program duration and enrolment
- Will be allowed to register for a maximum of three courses per term
- Will be required to register for a minimum of two courses per term
- Will be required to be registered in the MEng program for a minimum of 3 terms
- Will be required to complete all degree requirements within 6 academic terms
- Will be allowed to register for a maximum of one course per term (2 in exceptional circumstances with special permission)
- Will be required to complete all degree requirements within 15 academic terms and should not have more than two terms of continuous "inactive" status
- Will be required to be registered in the MEng Program for a minimum of 4 terms