The MEng program is a course based Mater's degree designed with the professional in mind and is based on industry relevant course work. Eight courses are required to earn the degree.
The MEng program is an ideal option for new graduates looking to quickly specialize in a competitive job market, those seeking new skills and credentials from a leading Canadian university, or the industry professional who is looking for career advancement opportunities. Students must be fully self-funded.
For a complete list of degree requirements please see the Graduate Calendar.
- Earn a professional MEng degree from a highly respected university.
- Employers recognize the quality of our program, meaning your skills will be in high demand as an MEng graduate from the University of Waterloo.
- Study full or part-time.
- Select your area of specialization to personalize your education.
- Complete your MEng in one year through full-time study.
- Graduate Diploma options are available in Computer Networking and Security, Software Engineering, Sustainable Energy, and Management Sciences
An applicant for the MEng program must hold a Bachelor of Applied Science from the University of Waterloo or an equivalent degree in engineering, applied science or mathematics from a university of recognized standing. The standard of performance in obtaining this degree, as indicated by the official transcript and letters of reference, must indicate that the candidate has academic ability sufficiently above average to be successful in and benefit from graduate work at this university. Normally, an 78% average grade in the undergraduate program is a required minimum. For a complete list of admission requirements please see the Graduate Calendar.