Phone: 519-622-2300 x2503
BSc, Tsinghua University, China
MSc, Tsinghua University, China
PhD, University of Victoria
- Miniaturization and integration of microwave passive networks
- Computer aided design and tuning of passive microwave devices
- Synthesis and optimization of Radio Frequency/Microwave filters and multiplexers
- Multimode waveguide, dielectric, coaxial and planar realization
- Multipaction, corona and passive intermodulation mitigation – high power microwave applications
- Radio Frequency (RF) microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) and Nano Technology applications for microwave devices
- All practical aspects of devices design (thermal and power)
- Electromagnetic modeling of passive microwave devices
- Satellite and ground based wireless communication systems
- Ming Yu and Ying Wang, "Enhanced Microwave Multiplexing Network", IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, v 59, n 2, Feb. 2011.
- Ming Yu, "Power Handling and Temperature Compensation Design for Passive Microwave Devices", Special Session EU-North America Experts Microwave Session-EuMC21, Proceedings of the 2010 40th European Microwave Conference (EuMC), p 351, 2010.
- Zahirovic, N., Mansour, R.R.; Ming Yu "Piezoresistive Position Sensing for the Detection of Hysteresis and Dielectric Charging in CMOS-MEMS Variable Capacitors" IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, v 58, n 12, pt.2, p 3961-70, Dec. 2010.
- Zahirovic, N.; Mansour, R.R.; Ming Yu, "Scalar Measurement-Based Algorithm for Automated Filter Tuning of Integrated Chebyshev Tunable Filters" IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, v 58, n 12, pt.1, p 3749-59, Dec. 2010.
- Laforge, P.D.; Mansour, R.R.; Ming Yu, "The Design of Miniaturized Superconducting Filters With the Reflected Group Delay Method", IEEE Transactions on Applied Superconductivity, v 20, n 4, p 2265-71, Aug. 2010.
University of Waterloo