Adjunct Assistant Professor
Phone: 519-888-4567 x35317
Location: CPH 2382A
- BSc, Electrical Power and Machines Department, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt
- MSc, Electrical Power and Machines Department Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt
- PhD, Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
- Renewable Energy Integration
- Distributed generation economics and planning
- Distributed generation; operation, control and interfacing
- Global energy models, scenario analysis, long-term planning
- Energy-environment linkages, sustainable development
- Electricity markets and deregulation Issues
- Operations and economics
- Ancillary services management and pricing
- Power quality issues
- A. Almutairi, M. H. Ahmed, and M. Salama, “Probabilistic Generating Capacity Adequacy Evaluation: Research Roadmap”, Electric Power Systems Research, vol. 129, December 2015, pp. 83–93.
- Ameena Saad Al-Sumaiti, M.H. Ahmed, M.M.A. Salama, "Residential Load Management under Stochastic Weather Condition in Developing Countries," Electric Power Components and Systems, vol. 42, pp. 1452-1473, 2014.
- Nazila Rajaei, M.H. Ahmed, M.M.A. Salama, “Fault Current Management Using Inverter-Based Distributed Generators”, IEEE transactions on Smart Grid, Vol. 5, No. 5, September 2014, pp. 2183 - 2193.
- Ameena Saad Al-Sumaiti, M.H. Ahmed, M.M.A. Salama, “Smart Home Activities: A Literature Review”, Electric Power Components and Systems, 42(3–4):294–305, 2014
- A. Almutairi, M. H. Ahmed, and M. Salama, "Evaluation of the Generating Capacity Adequacy of the Saudi Arabian Central Operating Area," Electric Power Components and Systems, vol. 42, pp. 83-90, 2014.
- M.H. Ahmed, K. Bhattacharya, M.M.A. Salama, “Probabilistic Distribution Load Flow with Different Wind Turbine Models”, IEEE transactions on Power Systems, Vol. 28, No. 2, May 2013, pp. 1540-1549.
- M.H. Ahmed, K. Bhattacharya, M.M.A. Salama, “Stochastic Unit Commitment with Wind Generation Penetration”, Electric Power Components and Systems, No. 12, Vol. 40, pp. 1405-1422, August 2012.
For further information, please see Dr. Ahmed's profile on the Power and Energy Systems group web site.
University of Waterloo