Professor, NSERC/RIM Industrial Research Chair
Phone: 519-888-4567 x32822
Location: E5 4029
Cross appointed with: Mechanical and Mechatronics Engineering
- BSc, University of Tehran
- MSc, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- PhD, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Radio Frequency (RF)/Microwave/Millimeter Wave/THz systems, devices, and novel electromagnetic materials
- Computational electromagnetics and photonics
- Microwave and millimeter wave planar circuits and antenna systems
- Complex propagation and scattering phenomena
- Wireless communication systems (RF technologies, antenna, and propagation modelling)
- Guided-Wave and free space optical systems and components
- RF/Microwave packaging and EMC/EMI analysis
- Microwave high temperature superconductor (HTSC) thin film technology
- D. Saeedkia, A. H. Majedi, S. SafaviNaeini, R. R. Mansour, "Analysis and design of photoconductive integrated photomixer/antenna for THz applications", To appear in IEEE Journal of Quantum Electronics, February 2005 issue.
- K. Lan, S. Safavi-Naeini, S. K. Chaudhuri, " Design and Analysis of a Combination Antenna with Rectangular Dielectric Resonator and Inverted L-Plate", to appear in IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., 2004.
- A. H. Majedi, D. Saeedkia, S. K. Chaudhuri, S. Safavi-Naeini, " Physical modeling and frequency-response analysis of a high-temperature Superconducting terahertz photomixer ", IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., vol. 52, pp. 2430- 2437, October 2004.
- Z. Wang, S. Safavi-Naeini, Mode Expansion with Moment Method (ME-MM) to Analyze Dielectric Resonator Loaded Cavities, to appear in Applied Computational Electromagnetics Society (ACES) Journal, 2004.
- M. Ayatollahi, S. Safavi-Naeini, "A New Representation for the Green's Function of Multilayer Media Based on Plane Wave Expansion", IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., vol. 52, pp. 1548 - 1557,June 2004.
University of Waterloo