In today’s society, there remains a lack of awareness, and sometimes bias, regarding mental health problems. Employees are invited to join Ron Hallman from UWaterloo’s Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP), for a wellness session on May 30 from 12-1 p.m. in EC5-1111.
This wellness session will assist participants in enhancing their understanding of the personal and environmental factors that can have an impact on mental health, the common signs and symptoms of mental health troubles and the most appropriate prevention and intervention strategies.
During this session, participants will:
- Define what mental illness is and is not
- Learn about the impact of stigma
- Understand the importance of mental health in the workplace
- Recognize signs & symptoms of common mental health issues
- Gain strategies to support mental health in the workplace
Please register as seating is limited.