What is My3CV?
My3CV is a faculty-member database that gathers information from several external and institutional sources (my3cv data sources diagrams). Faculty members can use this data to enhance information already contained at the Canadian Common CV website.
Currently, the My3CV website is considered "Testing in Production" (TiP). This site is live and accessible to the end user. The software tests, in a production environment, will help to improve this website.
My3CV Data Sources
- Canadian Common CV (XML exported file)
- Google Scholar Publications (BibTex exported file)
- Online Faculty Information System (OFIS), data to transfer includes:
- Human Resources (basic appointment data)
- WatIAm (basic appointment data)
- the Graduate Student Office (record of graduate student supervision)
- the Office of Research (record of funding applications and decisions)
- Quest (record of teaching activities)
- Engineering's undergrad course critiques (record of teaching activities)
- Faculty members themselves (contributions, bio, affiliations, etc.)
- Google Scholar (contributions from the web)
- Microsoft Academic Search (contributions from the web)
- the DBLP Computer Science Bibliography Search (contributions from the web)
- Your Canadian Common CV XML file is a Backup of your Data.
- This XML file can be used here (My3CV) as a Data Mirror.
- Data Mirroring is useful in the recovery of data after a disaster.
- Data Mirroring can be implemented offsite at a different location.
- You can edit or delete all data in this My3CV Web Application.
- Additional data can be imported from several sources.
- Your modified data can also be exported to a file.
- This exported file can be an alternative data Backup.
- The file can also be uploaded into the Canadian Common CV website.