Summer 2019 Applications are now open!
We are looking for creative, energetic, fun high school students who have a passion for science, engineering, and technology.
The High School Leader at Engineering Science Quest (ESQ) is responsible for working with their team to create a fun, educational and safe environment for their campers. This person will deliver activities created by the University Leaders, engage with, and supervise campers, and any other responsibilities to ensure the camp runs smoothly.
This is a two-month position over July and August. High School Leaders will also be required to attend a minimum of one training day in June.
Successful candidates will be asked to provide:
- A valid police record check by the first day of employment.
How to apply
Applications for the High School Leader position must include:
- Includes long-form questions to get to know you
- Resume - Ensure your full name is on every page
(Upload with application form)
- Reference Please provide the name and contact information from someone who knows you in a working, volunteer, or student capacity. Choose somebody who knows you well, and can offer detailed comments on your strengths!
- Activity One-Pager - select an everyday object from your home and create a one-pager on all the STEM behind this object. How is it made? What STEM principles are behind its design? Fun facts? Make it interesting and be creative! We don't like walls of text so please don't write an essay ;) (Maximum 1 page)
ESQ will only consider complete applications and will not follow up with any candidates who submit incomplete applications.
Applications are due January 28th, 2019 at 12:00pm EST.
Interviews will take place in-person on February, 7-9th. These will take place at the University of Waterloo. Please ensure that you are available!
If you have questions regarding the application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.