2017 Applications NOW OPEN!
We are looking for creative, energetic, fun individuals who have a passion for science, engineering and technology.
During the months of July and August, Program Assistants (PAs) will be working at a "low ratio" or "as needed" basis in the camp rooms with campers from our High Needs Support Program, which has been generously sponsored by Motorola Solutions Foundation. The PAs could also be working as a support to leaders in the camp rooms. There are two Waterloo campus Program Assistant positions available, as well as one Satellite traveling team Program Assistant position. Program Assistants are responsible for familiarizing themselves with the ESQ Support Program, as was all camp curriculum.
This is an approximately 9 week position starting in late June and ending in August.
Who should apply
If you have the following, you'll be a great fit for us:
- Experience working with children with special needs
- A background in science, engineering, or education
- Great communication skills
- Able to adapt to new situations quickly
- Genuine interest in getting kids excited about the world of science, engineering and technology
How to apply
Create an application package that contains the following in a single PDF. Please ensure that your name is on every page of your application:
- Cover letter
- A completed ESQ Write-up (see sample write up (DOC) and MS-Word template (DOC)
- 1 page description of how you would modify your write-up based on different levels of abilities
Please send your application to:
- In person: Engineering Outreach RCH Portable, University of Waterloo
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
ESQ will only consider complete applications and will not follow up with any candidates who submit incomplete applications.
Interviews will take place in-person on January 19th - January 21st . These will take place at the University of Waterloo. Please ensure that you are available!
Applications are due by: Monday, January 16th, 2017 at 4:00pm EST